Closed Thread
Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Roll call

Hi ladies - I just searched way back to early August on our old thread and dug out this roll call. I'm not sure if it's right for you - if not feel free to correct it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    TTHC – hi there! I’m doing well thanks. Yes, I’m doing a FET this month. More details below. How are you going? Hope all is well with bubs!! Nat – welcome home! Glad you had a great honeymoon. Sorry to hear you’ve had BP issues, hope it all settles now. Paddlegirl – thanks! So, what do you think about the NK cells? Might be worth looking into. Are you with IVFA already? Bella – I’m doing fine, not much happening yet – just waiting to O. I have heard good things about Dr Matthias. What made you suspect you had an immune problem, and go to see him? Lillac – so sorry you’re feeling hopeless. Have you considered changing FS if you don’t think yours will want to consider checking anything or doing anything differently? Wishing4 – good luck with finding a donor! Is it donor embryos you’re after? AFM: Yes, doing first ever FET this cycle – natural one, so just waiting to O. AF has come & gone - it’s CD8. I have my first BT on Thursday to see what’s going on. I wouldn’t expect to O before CD16 or 17, as I don’t usually until then. Anyone who has done a FET with IVFA – can you tell me how it usually goes? All I know is that it’s just a BT on Thurs. Will they do a scan at any point to check the lining? I am drinking pom juice & raspberry leaf tea, have acupuncture tonight & am taking Vit E and l-arginine (which tastes horrible), so hopefully will be okay. I am just so scared that the frosty will not defrost properly & we’ll have nothing to transfer. However, there is another exciting development in the works. We have found a potential private sperm donor, who we’re talking to, lining up for November if the FET doesn’t work or frosty doesn’t thaw, etc. Just going to try the “natural” way – well, except for us natural will mean more turkey baster style, but without the drugs, EPUs etc.
    Just a quick one from me.

Peonies: Yes I am looking for donor embryos now as DP does not think he can have a needle aspiration again (too painful) but I will take donor eggs too if I find someone.

Hi everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bella yes we have hijacked the thread a bit but it's all been useful .. Ill keep lurking on the other threads in the meantime .

Ps thanks for updating the roll. Yes I am still in limbo land !

Paddlegirl wow that is a bit move to Perth and what change it will be. I too loved Perth when I went a few years ago, in fact the whole WA coast was amazing. Your father must be very chuffed to have you around .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everybody
    A me post with all my important news of the past 3 weeks.

We're back home now. The twins were discharged from hospital yesterday, at 2 wks old.

That was an exciting trimester for us. I don't recommend anyone else try copying the stressful events.
    Andrew was home from intensive care for a few weeks and my oedema was slowly getting worse, but on Sunday 9 Sep my blood pressure started heading up - 140/90 ish. At my scheduled Ob appt on Monday 10 my bp was 160/100 or so, so it was straight to hospital for me. (I'd gone to the Ob appt with an overnight bag because I knew everything wasn't going perfectly anymore.) We managed to stay healthy enough to keep the bubs in until the Friday (14 Sep). I knew the oedema had reached above my hips when one evening in hospital I couldn't arch my back properly anymore, but hadn't realised how much fluid I'd collected even on my face and wrists until it went away.

I got to watch part of the C-section in the reflection off the theatre lights, so I knew when the bubs were about to be born which was great. It also got to see that it wasn't a straightforward operation when I saw them shoving some towels into my uterus. They estimate I lost 1.5-2 L of blood, and I got a transfusion of 3 units too. My Dr had warned me before surgery the risk of haemorrhage was increased because of a more stretched uterus from carrying twins and she was really calm during the whole operation so I was nice and calm too. It probably didn't help things that in the 12 hours before the caesar Stuart had decided to switch from breach presentation to transverse. Apparently transverse is still quite difficult to deliver by caesarian and one of the other Drs in theatre congratulated my Ob on nicely getting him out from a difficult position.

Then as a consequence of the preeclampsia my nerves/reflexes got overactive so I had to have a magnesium drip for 24 hours. So the twins were about 36 hours old before I got to cuddle them properly. They were born at 35+4, weighing just under 2.5 and 2.0 kg, and were put on NG feeds because they weren't quite old enough for a proper suck reflex. But apart from that and receiving a bit of colostrum after the birth they didn't require any other special intervention. No lung trouble or humidicribs or anything like that.

So, what with stacking up all those things that could have gone better, we're still working on getting my milk to come in properly, but it looks like the bubs are able to get a bit of a feed off the boob now before we have to top them up with formula. Fortunately they're both willing to feed off boob and bottle, because that meant we could remove the NG tubes and come home without having to wait for me to develop a proper milk supply or having to decide to give up on boob altogether. The paediatrician has limited their boob time per feed (before topping up with bottle) so that they don't run out of suck energy before getting enough nutrition. They'll be coming up to 38 wks on Monday.

The caesar didn't hurt. I just had panadol 4 times a day to help with tenderness. It's just as well it didn't hurt too, because while I was spending my 36 hours in the High Dependency Unit one of the nurses who was trying to lower the side-rails of the bed instead pressed the "emergency lower the bed flat now for CPR" button. That was a bit of a surprise.

The bubs have been really well behaved since coming home yesterday. I suspect a trap and that they're just waiting for me to send my mum home before they start crying a lot .

It's just about time for the next feed, but I'll try to get back on for personals some time soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all -

Great to hear you're home with bubs Felicita - I updated the roll call so you're now in the Mummies section I was at Bunnings today and the sausage sandwich stall was being run by the Nepean Multiple Births Association - I wondered if you'd heard of them - not sure of the support they offer but might be worth a look.

Have also been thinking that EternalOptimist must be due soon - anyone heard from her?

Hi everyone else - hope you're having a great long weekend

AFM - 2nd BT/US in the morning. Had 7 follies on Friday and have felt lots of niggles all weekend, so hoping for EPU on Wed. Also had an Intralipid Infusion on Friday to try and suppress my NK cells so hopefully we're on our way to that elusive BFP!

Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    Paddlegirl
    SimpsonDesert
    Lola77
    Crofty
    Sticky11
    Lillac
    Nattie84
    Alison12
    Catemer

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)
    Bella978
    Peoniesarepretty

TWW
    (note: if your BT date is wrong, please help yourself to correct it )

UTD

EternalOptimist- Oct 2012
    Kelbelle- Nov 2012
    Quartz- Nov 2012- TWINS!!
    Catfroggy- Nov 2012
    romaverona- Dec 2012
    Traveler- Feb 2013
    Nat84u - Mar 2013
    The Time Has Come - Mar 2013
    Mac8
    FingerCrossed11

Proud Mummies
    Nat84u - DD 2004
    PinkButterfly- DD1 2007 & DD2 Feb 2012
    Traveler- DS 2009
    Lola77- DS 2009
    Loulabelle- DD1 2009 & DD2 Mar 2012
    The Time Has Come- DS Aug 2010
    25andhopeful - natural miracle- DD Apr 2012
    Claire77 - ???? Jul 2012
    Bebehvala - DS Aug 2012
    Felicita - DS & DD Sep 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Ok a quick update from us. Sorry we have been MIA but u really hate that the app is gone!

Dp has been seeing a acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist. She's been taking herbs, we've changed our diet somewhat and DP has been stabbing away.

Fet scheduled for Wednesday! this is the one and that some of our embies survive the thaw this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one to see how Bella & Peonies are going with their cycles!?

Bella-EPU still going ahead tomorrow!? Wishing you the best of luck if thats the case!! Fingers crossed for lots of beautiful eggies!!

Peonies-where are you up to sweety!? Have you had FET yet? Sending you tons of baby dust!!!

Felicita-congrats again on your gorgeous babies!! What a full on pregnancy you had, I bet each second witb those bubs is worth all the hard work getting here.

I should be back tomorrow with some proper personals!

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    just a quick note to say hello and an update.

Our BFP in 6.5 weeks turned into a BFN

Up to that point, Linda had the usual cravings, changes in boobs everything. We went for the scan and the FS was shocked not to see anything, right at the end of the scan she thought she saw what looked like a very deflated sac.

BT confirmed that the HCG levels weren't high enough and the other levels had dropped.

Well that was a week last Thursday, and Linda still hasnt had any bleeding. Had a BT this morning to see whats happening.

We have four frosties so hope they survive the thawing out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!

Felicita - congratulations mama!! What an ordeal the last couple of months have been. Hopefully now with your precious twins here and Andrew home from hospital, life has become a lot more rosey. Nice to hear from you. Can't wait to see pics of Edwina & Stuart.

Bella - thanks for updating the roll call! I've been a bit slack. Did you have EPU today? Hope it went well. this is your lucky cycle. I heard from Eternal Optimist a couple of weeks ago - I sent her a PM asking her about her lucky FET protocol and she replied, but haven't heard anything more recently.

Catemer
    - good luck with this cycle! Gee, your DP must have short cycles to be ready for FET again already. Hope this is the one!

TTHC - how are you going, my dear? Thanks for checking in.

Romaverona - how are you going love?

Fingerscrossed - so sorry again about your m/c. You must both be devastated.

AFM: I am okay, just plodding along waiting to ovulate. This is a natural FET, but with Pregnyl. I have a bit of a long cycle so it's CD16 today. First couple of BTs had not much happening, e2 around 150. Yesterday it was 330, so another BT tomorrow and 1st scan. Hopefully lining is coming along ok. I reckon I'll O on the weekend, with FET on Thurs or Fri next week (if frosty thaws).

BUT, have had some other exciting developments. After the last failed cycle we started to think again about an approach other than IVF. I can't recall if I mentioned this before or not, but last year when DH was diagnosed we were looking into finding a private donor arrangement and trying at-home insemination (turkey baster style ) and I was even communicating with a guy at that time. But then my surgeon sent us over to Dr Golovsky and we were off on the IVF bandwagon. Well, as we know, he didn't find any sperm in DH and we used the donor sperm, BFP then m/c and somehow we went straight into a 2nd stim cycle with IVFA without really thinking about it. But DH doesn't want me doing another stim cycle this year and he hates how hard the whole thing is on my body. I was thinking again about a private donor arrangement so we looked into this again. My FS agreed that there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to fall pregnant "naturally".

Soooooo (sorry, long story), we have found a donor. We met him on the weekend, have seen his blood tests, semen analysis, etc. He has 3 kids with his wife & has achieved 2 pregnancies so far via donating (and only started in April) so I feel good about his fertility. The plan is that, if this FET doesn't work, we'll get straight to work with "Sperm Guy" next month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Just a quick one - I'll do personals tomorrow. I did have EPU today and got 13 eggs Will hear tomorrow morning how many fertilise.

Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)
    Paddlegirl
    SimpsonDesert
    Lola77
    Crofty
    Sticky11
    Lillac
    Nattie84
    Alison12
    Catemer
    Fingerscrossed

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)

Peoniesarepretty

TWW
    (note: if your BT date is wrong, please help yourself to correct it )

Bella978 - BT 19/10

UTD

EternalOptimist- Oct 2012
    Kelbelle- Nov 2012
    Quartz- Nov 2012- TWINS!!
    Catfroggy- Nov 2012
    romaverona- Dec 2012
    Traveler- Feb 2013
    Nat84u - Mar 2013
    The Time Has Come - Mar 2013
    Mac8

Proud Mummies