Closed Thread
Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hCG was 144 on 13dpo!

IVFA are giving me another BT on Friday.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay!

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies that's excellent! Especially the progesterone after all the trouble you have had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wonderful news Peonies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I've been a lurker till now, just wanted say a big congratulations to Peonies!!
    Last edited by SpringRain; 17-04-2013 at 16:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies.... that line is getting stronger and stronger for you. Congrats.

AFM.... went for BT and first internal ultrasound of this cycle this morning (day 8 of injections). FS pleased with BT levels, but the ultrasound ladies could only find 2 follicles, which I'm rather annoyed/upset about. When the FS rang this afternoon to talk about it, he actually said that they couldn't even find the left ovary! What ever does that mean? The whole ovary has disappeared? Technician #1 was obviously a newbie, as after 10 minutes the older lady took over, but she couldn't find any follicles either (I didn't know at that time that they couldn't find the actual ovary!) But after 15 minutes of lying there, I was thinking, "where is my usual nurse"? The two follicles are both size 18, which they almost could go ahead with, but FS wants to wait another two days, and see what the left ovary does - I can't see that it's going to do anything in two days. But I said to the FS, that he's the expert, and he's got all the numbers from all my cycles, and I'm really just going to have to go on what he recommends, which at the moment is have another BT and scan on Friday, with EPU on Monday. Of course, now in a total quandry, as he said if there's only 1 follicle he would definitely cancel, if there's 3 or more he would definitely go ahead, but with 2 follicles we wouldn't get only 1 egg (he was definite about that), and is it really worth it for 1 egg? He said it's our choice, and must discuss it between now and Friday! DH says yes, it might be the one, I just don't know, but kind of thinking just to go ahead in any case. It would be great it the left ovary appears on Friday with some extra follicles!!

Tad annoyed, considering that on cycle #4 you would think there would be a magic formula on getting these follicles and eggs right, but here we are with the smallest amount of follicles ever. Boo hoo.

Making marinated chicken legs tonight to cheer me up :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC- that sounds really stressful! What has happened in previous cycles (really sorry I can't remember). Do u usually have not many follies? Is your ovary usually hard to find? Sounds so strange. So hard to know what to do. I just hope there are some more follies there at your next scan. Enjoy your dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations peonies you must be over the moon xx

Wishing that is incredible news about the emby donation. What a generous couple to do this for others

Mcg are you on the same meds as your last cycle? Seems odd it is so different from last time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traveler...in my first two cycles I never knew anything about follicles, and as I never asked, I wasn't given any information. However first cycle I got 10 eggs (good) and second cycle 2 eggs (better than nothing). In my third cycle I had 7 follicles and got 6 eggs (3 were mature) - so not huge numbers, but for a 40 year old not too bad either. However this time the FS particularly said, "I'll put you on different medication and we'll get lots more eggs". So considering that last time we got 6 eggs, I thought "lots more" would be more than 6, but that's going to be tricky with just two follicles!!

No-one's ever mentioned that the ovary has been hard to find. It's all gone as easy as pie on previous occasions. The two nurses today didn't particularly mention that they couldn't find the ovary - just kept saying "can't find anything" which I tool to mean "can't find any follicles". It was only in the afternoon when the FS rang that he said "they couldn't find any follicles in the left ovary, no, they couldn't find the ovary".

Lillac....no, on previous cycles I mainly used Gonal-F, but this time the FS recommended changing to Menopur, as it has a LH support, as last cycle my LH levels were low. He also said that it would help produce "lots more eggs" as well as "grow the eggs more slowly", which is meant to produce a better result. Well, unless the left ovary has some nice follicles tucked away that they find on Friday's scan, I'll be very sceptical about the merits of Menopur for me.

Thanks all for thinking of me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC sorry I didn't comment earlier. I can't help with advice but I'm thinking of you and your partner and hoping for that one perfect emby for you both. X

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app