Closed Thread
Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Found out yesterday that my 2 watched embryos made it to freeze! Hurrah!

I am a bit bloated now, and have a bit of a stitch in my right side, I think it's my ovaries recovering from EPU!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    RainbowRoad.... I was on Crinone for my first two cycles and Pessaries this cycle, but that doesn't make a difference as the active ingredient in those two medicines is almost the same. However, I have read some women are on both, and others take progresterone tablets additional, and others different things like Prognova and Provera, so I've got lots to research before asking my FS all about it at next appointment.

AFM.... DH and I were so happy after having 3 days of just an odd spot, but unfortunately AF arrived in full flow this morning, so now I know it's all over. Had lots of crying and hugs this afternoon, and now all we can do is start to plan the next cycle. We were so hoping that this was going to be lucky for us, so are really sad that it didn't work and just might not ever happen.

But wanting to be proactive, rang IVFA this afternoon so we can start a new cycle straight away, but can't get in to see our FS for a couple of weeks, which would miss starting Syranel at th 21 day mark. Receptionist said she would put me on the wait list to see him, but I wanted more definite than that. She ended up saying she'd pass on a message to my FS, so I said OK, but I will ring on Friday after having the BT (which kind of seems pointless now).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow- great news on the frosties!!

MacB- so sorry to hear about af arriving. Which dr are you with at ivfA? My dr would sometimes let me have a phone consult and start the next cycle after that...saved us both time and money!!! I too had af arrive early on stims, however when I was pregnant af stayed away so I don't think it's always a progesterone problem, more like our bodies are mucked up from the drugs problem. Not sure what my point is, but maybe rest assured that when your embie sticks af will stay away. Hope I have been helpful. You will get there, and it will be worth all the pain and tears it cost to get there. And we are all here to help you along the way.

Peonies- how are you going?

Nat- how is your beautiful little boy?

Better hop off to bed now

5. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everyone is going ok with their journeys.

Well DP had a scan today: lining is looking good for Day 9, follies are there and slowly growing. Upping the gonal to 600 from tonight. Next appt Monday (maybe LH BT friday if FS changes her mind) So no confirmed EPU day yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traveler.... thanks so much for your thoughts. I'm with Prof Illingworth at IVFA, so I recognise that he is fairly booked up, but I like your suggestion of a phone consult. I do think since we've already been through a cycle with him, it's not like a new patient, so hopefully he can slot us in. Rang the nurses this morning and they said I still have to use the silly pessaries, which is kind of pointless since AF is in full flow since yesterday and just pushes the pessary straight out!! So I'll wait until Friday's BT and once this cycle is totally written off, will phone them again and make them work something out.

Yes, I'm thinking maybe I need more progesterone to length the LP and perhaps freeze the embryo and have a FET on the next natural length cycle. But part of me is hoping my FS will come up with a good plan, since that's what I'm paying good money for :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mgBertie I sorry to hear about AF showing up. On my fresh cycle I too started bleeding early. It is so disappointing after the whole build up. I recall my FS saying that if I had to do another fresh cycle he would give me progesterone injections rather than just pessaries.
    If you have a frozen embryo then a natural FET cycle is a good idea. I did these but still used pessaries in 2ww just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lillac.... we don't have any frozen embryos, as DH only has 1 sperm each time - obviously there's only 1 tubule working in his testes. But yes, I've read so much about progesterone in the past couple of days, and I do think a combination of pessaries and injections will be the way to go. We will be using donor sperm next time, so if DH's one sperm doesn't work, then hopefully the donor sperm will work and we can get one or two embryos to freeze. I've got the plan - just now need to get IVFA to come to the party and slot me in!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone

I hope you don't mind me popping in every so often. I hope everyone is well.
    I have been reading all the threads and I have noticed quite a few bubs have been born. Congratulations to you all. Hope you are not too overwhelmed.

Best wishes to everyone who is cycling or about to transfer. I hope you get a great result.

So sorry to hear of those BFN's. I know what that is like. Hang in there though, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

AFM: we started our fostering process this month. So 3 assessments down, another 8 to go. It was a hard decision for me to make not to try to find another donor but I think I am OK with it and that is all- just OK. The fostering process stirs up so many thoughts and emotions, sorry I am a bit down at the moment cause I will never hold my own child or have grandchildren. I dont think my partner really understands the way I feel about that as he has children and grandchildren. But anyway to all those ladies who are trying to have their own bub I wish you all the very best and hope that one day you will have that bundle of joy in your arms.
    I have to go now cause I am now a blubbering mess. Sorry

Bye for now

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wishing4 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing4 - I'm so sorry, sweetheart. Reading your post broke my heart. I hope you find joy through the fostering process. I just want to give you a big hug.

MGC - I'm so sorry for your BFN. I too have had progesterone issues after stim cycles. I also did not absorb the pessaries very well. On my first cycle, I was pregnant but started bleeding & had good hcg level but terrible progesterone level. Doubled the pessaries & actually managed the raise the progesterone level, and bub got to heartbeat stage. But then decided to depart after that, so it likely had a problem from the start. My next cycle, FS started me on 3 pessaries from the beginning & did a progesterone check after a week. It was something abysmal like 15. So he brought in the Pregnyl to try & resuce it, but to no avail. After that he said he would not bother using pessaries on me again, and used Pregnyl for my FET (although I think my progsterone was fine as I ovulated instead of having EPU). But he was against the idea of injections - he said nobody does them anymore, and they can cause abcesses, etc. But I know someone in Perth who did them, so that's confusing. Perhaps a combo of the injections and Pregnyl might be the go ...

Hi to everyone else.

AFM: Sorry I've been a bit absent. This month has been disappointing in that our donor was away, and so my ovary decided to ovulate 2 days early. So we missed the chance to catch the egg this month. Boo. It's been a horrible week, feeling very disappointed. But onwards & upwards to next month ... which will be a year exactly since that first cycle, with DH's micro-dissection & the ill-fated pregnancy. Maybe I only produce one good egg a year and it's in March!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies....thanks again for such good advice on progesterone - wow, you seem to be able to answer every one of my questions, at every stage of my journey - thanks for being here, though really I know so much that what we all would like is not to be here, but rather be cradling a bub than typing on a computer!! Oh well, we're the strong ones!!

Even though I got the official BFN verdict today, I did have a little joy with my FS who phoned me himself to give my the news. I kind of appreciated that, rather than just hearing it from a nurse (though I already knew!!). But the good thing was that I got to have a little chat with him, and he agreed that progesterone injections next time would be the way to go, as apparently they hold off AF better than pessaries (would have liked to have had them mentioned and offered last time!!). And even better, he has appointments free next week, so I was able to chose a nice afternoon one on Wednesday, and don't have to wait weeks to see him! Amazing how two days ago there were no slots free, and now, after actually talking to the FS there were three slots to choose from - so they can do it if they want! DH said the thought of getting a nice $9000 signed off next week would have been appealing to the FS!! I have written down some of the different types of pessaries, injections, tablets etc, so am compiling a really nice new list of questions for him next week!!