Closed Thread
Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    nat84u

peonies - sorry this month's a bust. Good luck for the next round. I don't know anything about HyCosy, sorry.

Hi Romy
    I stopped logging on to the IVFA forum because they kept phoning me to say I'd broken the forum rules when I quite clearly hadn't. eg, sharing of information, when the rules stated that was one of the its purposes. One time they basically said that if your FS doesn't volunteer the information of how DNA hybridisation works then you're not supposed to know.

Wow, quartz.
    DS & DD aren't rolling yet. DS just went from back to front without help a few minutes ago. We've already bought our cages ... some people call them playpens ... for when they become mobile.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: **Calling all Sydney IVF/ART ladies - from limbo land to graduates** #3

Ok so.... Im 1cm dilated. Dr did a sweep but couldn't fit 2 fingers in there to stretch. I'm back at 8am Sunday for a balloon catheter induction!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Peonies to hear that you're bust again. It sounds like you're doing lots of positive things for next time.

Thanks everyone for thinking of me. We had mixed results today. My EPU resulted in 6 eggs being picked up, 3 mature ones with the other 3 being way too young to catch up. Since I was hoping for 2-3 mature ones, I'm feeling as happy as can be about this.

As for DH, Dr Golovsky worked hard and found 1 "good" swimmer ) He came out and seemed very disappointed by this, since he was sure of getting much more, since he liked DH's Inhibin B level (27) and had been very confident. Basically he found the same in the micro-dissection as what we've got in all previous ejaculate samples, so he couldn't at all explain why there wasn't more. He cut both testes open, but apart from that one there were just abnormal ones (big heads, no tails) and immotile ones (not moving). They collected everything in any case for the scientists to work their magic on. Also even though taking Arimedex improved various reproductive levels for DH, in the end it didn't produce more sperm or better sperm :-( I guess it was worth a shot.

This afternoon, 6 hours after the operations a scientist finally rang (I was starting to freak out that it was all pear shaped), but she explained that they managed to find a couple more sperm that were "twitching". We've heard this before in previous cycles, meaning that they are sort of alive, but not moving, until poked!! So they chose three (I'm presuming the goodish one and two twitchers) and injected them into my three eggs.

So no extra sperm to freeze - it's this or next cycle will be donor sperm. So now we just wait until tomorrow to find if any of my 3 precious eggs like partying with DH's sperm and fertilise by morning :-)) So far it's probably the best outcome we have with 40 year old eggs and a DH with 1 sperm :-)))

Thanks
    Reviews

Default **Calling all Sydney IVF/ART ladies - from limbo land to graduates** #3

MGC Bertie - sending good vibes that your embies are fertilising and growing as we speak xo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Nat- Eeeek! SO close now. Can't wait to hear of your little boy's safe arrival. Best wishes for a smooth and complication-free birth xo.

MGC- Such great news that they were able to ICSI with your DH's sperm! And my goodness what an ordeal to find out the results of the micro-disection. Have you got the call yet about the fertilisation results? Anxiously and nervously waiting, and hoping that you get more great news!

Peonies- oh no, not again . But yay for a 15 day luteal phase and the all-clear on your BTs, that is terrific news! Hopefully you are one of the lucky ones to get a BFP straight after your hy-co-sy. I also recommend taking some pain relief about an hour beforehand. I used naprogesic and it was awesome. I went to SUFW too and thought they were lovely. Great to hear its all booked for next week, and good luck with it!

Rainbow- Hi if you're still reading on your BH break . Hope the scan tomorrow shows lots of lovely follies and EPU goes well next week. Having ET on mardi gras is very appropriate!! I hope it turns out to be a lucky sign.

TTHC- yes definitely in a good place! Very sweet of you to want success for me even though I'm ready to move on . Things will all seem very real when your new addition is demanding your time and attention!! Looking forward to your birth announcement .

Fingerscrossed- congrats on your new house and all the best for your upcoming fresh cycle.

Crofty- no news for me until after I see Dr M next Thursday. So sorry your AF showed unexpectedly and ruined the biopsy timing, and big hugs for the rough trot you've had . I truly believe you are closer than ever to your BFP.

Traveler- thanks for the welcome back! So pleased to hear you're feeling better and going well. A shame that newborns don't come with a sleep on/off switch! Hope DD settles into a routine that works for you soon xo.

Quartz- great to hear an update on your boys! So pleased that they are both going well and sleeping for long stretches overnight.

Felicita- at the 'cages'. Hopefully your babies will like them and it buys you some time before they are running all over the house!

Hi to Lillac, Bella, Roma, Paddlegirl . Hope you are all well.

AFM- One more week unti RI follow up appointment. Really curious as to what he advises as my next steps. In the meantime, super excited because I'm going to Soundwave on Sunday .

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: **Calling all Sydney IVF/ART ladies - from limbo land to graduates** #3

Simpson desert - Soundwave! I was going to buy tickets, but my DH said I wouldn't be in any condition to go... I guess he's right. Have an awesome day!

Well...

I lost my mucous plug this morning... Went for a walk to get things moving but no pains as yet...

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson Desert... thanks for the great summary of where everyone is up to. I often lose track :-)

Well, we have 1 egg fertilised. It's our lucky one and we're happy that we've got something. As much as I was so hoping for all 3 to be fertilised, I am very thankful it wasn't zero.

Interestingly, the scientist said that they will still watch the other two in case they've missed the action of the pronucleus at the 16-20 hour mark. Has anyone heard of clinics saying that if they weren't watching at the exact time, that there's still a possibility that on day 2 they may find they've divided, and obviously did fertilise, but was missed? Even though this is my third cycle, it seems I am constantly learning new things about IVF.

As there's only one, Prof I wants to transfer it on Day 3, so that will be Saturday. Apparently he prefers only doing Day 5 transfers if there's more than one, so they choose the best. So now I'm going to search for successes of Day 3 transfers, as I'd had my heart set on a Day 5 transfer this time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie - In the lab day 3 is when they change the embryos from fake-Fallopian-tube culture medium into fake-uterus culture medium. So should be fine doing transfer then. You will probably find that success rates are lower for day 3 because some embies will stop growing between day 3 and 5. When my sister started IVF her reading indicated that success rates with 1xday5 were the same as 3xday3. There's a recent thread around with newer (and probably more reliable) info on day3 vs day5.

We did 2xday2 and 1xday3 when we were in similar circumstances of only having 2 embryos grow or only having 1 fertilise, as the strongest 1 or 2 are already known. Especially when you're down to 1 or 2 embryos, it's always better (IMO) to give them a chance in utero than to risk losing them in the lab.

None of our questionable fertilisations ever went on to do anything. The time we did PolScope we discovered all our dodgy fertilisations that cycle were dodgy eggs (an appropriate number of poorly formed spindles for my age). I think that was an anonymous donor sperm cycle, so you'd expect the sperm to be good.
    Last edited by felicita; 21-02-2013 at 15:20.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend got UTD from a day 2 transfer. It was a double transfer though.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default **Calling all Sydney IVF/ART ladies - from limbo land to graduates** #3

MGC Bertie- the best embryo we ever had (AA grade) was a late fertiliser!!! They froze it and unfortunately it didnt survive the thaw so there's still a chance for the others. Good luck!!

Nat- so exciting, I can't wait for your announcement!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-02-2013)