Closed Thread
Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Nat, I feel for you. My cousin recently had her honeymoon baby. Their 1st wedding anniversary was last month, so of course it was extra special with bub already in arms. I think even after success, there'll always be some envy for those who conceived so easily. The scars of infertility may never disappear, but hopefully they'll fade given enough time

Thanks
    Reviews

Default **Calling all Sydney IVF/ART ladies - from limbo land to graduates** #3

Nat I totally get where you are coming from. I don't want anyone to think that I am ungrateful for my two beautiful children, but I have spent the first two weeks of my daughters life crying because I will never be pregnant again. DH wants to try for a natural miracle which makes me sad all over again at the thought of never getting it. Please, please don't read this and think I am selfish and ungrateful, I am so in love with my children and thankful for what I have, it's just the war wounds of infertility (& probably some postnatal hormones thrown in)

Thanks
    Reviews

Nat don't feel bad, it's just natural for us fertility challenged mutants - hahaha,

I have the same with my GFs - one of my very close GFs planned her pregnancies to a T, including the gender - and guess what, she got it, her DS started Kindy last year and her DD was born the week after he started school via c-section - as planned so she was on mat leave for the 1st 6 months of her eldest starting school so she could get him into a good routine with homework etc.

TBH - I think it's your 37 week hormones coming Into play - so cheer up as you'll be meeting DS in the it too distant future!!! And we can't wait!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so sad to read all those stories. I just don't know how we cope, so I thought I'd share a story of mine.... DH and I were late to find each other and only married 18 months ago. I thought we'd just fall pregnant, but it took 4 months to convince him to go for the test to find there was no sperm. Straight into IVF 1 + 2, but planned to go on holiday for 4 days to celebrate 1st anniversary, baby or not. As it was, the 2nd cycle had just failed, so off we went for 4 beautiful days at the Great Barrier Reef. All good, until it comes for the coach transfer from hotel back to the airport for our return flight. No coach turns, up and instead it's a limo. "Wow" I thought. "Great" you're thinking??? Inside we step and there's another couple in there to share the 40 min drive to the airport. Yes, you've guessed it now, they were married the same day as us, were in Queensland to celebrate their 1st year anniversary, but are 6 months pregnant!! How I endured the first minute of that trip, let alone the whole 40 mins, I just don't know. And as much as we kept trying to change the subject it just kept coming back to her :-(( Great ending to our 1st anniversary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh girls, I totally get it.
    A friend of mine (who really isn't much of a friend in many ways, as she's shown me zero support or consideration - so let's call her ex friend) recently got married and within 2 months of the wedding announced she was 16 weeks pregnant. So they managed it before the wedding ... and she's older than me. And here we are, over 2 years married & still trying. She started complaining to me about how sick she felt and in the next breath how exciting it was and how she couldn't wait for the next scan (and yes, she knows everything we have been through). I am just saying no to all invitations to anything that has the slightest possibility of them being there, to the detriment of some of my other friendships I'm sure.

Anyhoo, I'm back on the crazy train. Did insems with SG on Fri night and Sun night, and appear to have ovulated yesterday. So here we go again. Cross everything!

Nat & TTHC - surely not long to go girls!! I hope you're going well.
    Hello to everyone else!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

Good luck peonies.

Just back from my blood pressure doctor, having had follow-up tests resulting from the pre-eclampsia. Turns out it was just as well I ignored the FS and used clexane anyway, although it would have been better if I'd not taken quite so much of the FS advice on board and instead had stayed on it longer during the pregnancy.
    Turns out I'm homozygous for the MTHFR mutation, and also have low antithrombin levels, both of which are separately risk factors for pre-eclampsia.
    Now I'm to have clexane if I go on long plane flights or car trips and can't ever take oestrogen (eg. for contraception ).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: **Calling all Sydney IVF/ART ladies - from limbo land to graduates** #3

Felicita - That's the mutation I have too. Hence the megafol and clexane. I had pre-eclampsia with my DD, but all good so far. The Professor told me today that Clexane can actually help with the high bp too. I can stop taking it at 37 weeks, but back on it again after birth for 4-6 weeks.

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: **Calling all Sydney IVF/ART ladies - from limbo land to graduates** #3

Peonies - FX for a bfp this time around. Sounds like ideal timing!

Thanks for your replies ladies, its great to know I'm not alone and I don't feel like so much of a cow now. One of my best friends has her first ivf appt this Friday coming and I'm doing my ultimate best to be there for her.

Well, I saw the professor today for the last time till after bub is born. Blood pressure still good, so I can come off the clexane till after baby. There was a trace amount of protein in my urine but she said that might just be cause it was so concentrated. She sent it up to the lab to further investigate it anyway. So 37 weeks tomo. Back to the Obs on Thursday so I guess I might know more then. Kind of wondering when I should finish work

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nat84u For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (06-02-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Hi all, can I join?

I've started Lucrin jabs for my first cycle of IVF/ICSI at fertility first. Feel exciting to be doing something.

I do understand how everyone feels about insensitivity and pregnancy announcements. A friend who has been ttc for a while just found out she's pregnant, and now starts every sentence with 'I'm pregnant, so...'

Don't you remember what it was like ttc?!?!

Anyway, looking forward to chatting! Baby dust to all!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi rainbow! Welcome to the Sydney girls! I hope your first cycle is your last!

Peonies- good luck for this cycle. I really hope this is the one, it's well and truly your turn

Nat- r u still working!!!! When r you resting?!

Hi everyone! I'm really sorry for being so down yesterday. Hormones have really gotten to me this time and I'm struggling a bit.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (06-02-2013)