Closed Thread
Page 56 of 96 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default **Calling all Sydney IVF/ART ladies - from limbo land to graduates** #3

Hey paddlegirl. Glad the move has all settled down now.

I know a few Perth girls from another IVF support group that started from one of the monthly threads here. I'll ask who they recommend if you like? Got the impression Hollywood is better than City North (or something) but don't know any FS names. I'll ask them. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I've been away - both on hol's and also having a break from all to do with IVF except it never really leaves my thoughts so that's a contradiction.

Huge congratulations to Roma for your precious new DS

So happy for you Traveler -you sound so happy & fulfilled to have your family complete now with beautiful DD.

Quartz You waited so long to be able to have both of your boys back home. I found the first year hard (amazing and wonderful) but exhausting with never a full night's sleep with only one child. My hat goes out to all of the ladies here with baby twins.

Peonies I was sorry to see that the BFP hasn't come yet. Do you have any plans for IVF again this year? I wish you a big sticky BFP this year - soon

Crofty and Paddlegirl want to wish you loads of succes with your next cycles

Hi to everyone else wishing you all a wonderful year ahead whether UTD, TTC or looking after new babies.

AFM still very much in limbo - will see FS in a week to discuss getting NK biopsy, talk about options & see if it's worth putting myself and family through cycle #10 or just accept that DD is my miracle & get on with all the other things life has to offer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Howdy Sydney gals

Hope you're all having a great start to 2013.

Nessika- If you're still thinking about IVF when you're meant to be on a break, then I'd say you're not ready to quit just yet. Especially if there are unturned stones such as NK biopsy still to explore. I hope your FS appointment goes well and helps you come to a decision either way xo.

Peonies- sorry the latest AI didn't work out, I was so hopeful given you'd gotten the timing spot on. Is SG lined up for this cycle?

Nat- its almost your month! Hope you're coping OK with the late stages of pregnancy.

Paddlegirl- so pleased to see an update from you! Decluttering before a move is hard work, but glad you're happy over there and good luck getting started with a new clinic. I'm great and loving life at the moment. Since I switched to enjoying the benefits of child-free life rather than dwelling on infertility, I have been much happier .

Quartz- Yay for having Charlie at home finally! Loved the picture you posted. Hope you've adjusted to the demands of 2 bubbas and all is going well.

Roma- congrats on your little man! Hope the newborn days are treating you well.

Traveler- Oh I was so thrilled to read of your DD's arrival! Congrats hun and enjoy your little family of 4.

Felicita- I loved reading about your life with the twins and how they're developing. Glad that things are easier with the switch to formula and hope you're managing OK with your Mum returning home.

Crofty- Gosh you were lucky getting back to see Dr M so quickly. I rebooked the day I saw him (20/12) and the earliest appt I could get was 28/2. Crazy! I hope your biopsy goes well and that you'll soon be ready to try again with a supercharged immune protocol. This has to be your year .

Earthpower- so sad that your BFP wasn't sticky. I hope you've been able to move on and see it as a step in the right direction.

TTHC- Gosh, not long to go for you either! Hope the tail end of the pregnancy is going well and you're keeping comfortable.

Bella- Did you have your morph scan yet? Can't wait to hear how it went and whether you found out the gender.

Hi to everyone else

AFM- Just had an awesome 5 wks holidays and now settling back into the daily grind. I saw Dr M just before Xmas and he ordered some BTs but I don't see him again until 28/2. Sitting tight til then and doubt we'll be doing any IVF until Dr M has finished with me. We had wanted to do FET in Mar, but will delay that now. Suits me just fine as I'm still reluctant to return to TTC, and my work schedule has me going overseas in March and April.

I did ring up Dr M's office just to get my thyroid antibody results and see if my 21 months of grain-free eating made any difference. The answer was a big fat NO. Antibodies are still there and have actually increased. So I promptly returning to eating anything I want, beginning with vegemite on toast

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: **Calling all Sydney IVF/ART ladies - from limbo land to graduates** #3

Simpson Desert - Nice to hear from you! I'm SO pleased you're seeing Dr M, I really hope he has some definitive answers for you. Glad you've been enjoying your break from ivf. Going overseas for work should distract you too. In going ok, well as can be expected. Dying in the heat, even cool days feel warm to me. Off for another ultrasound tomo to see how big this bub is getting, they're worried about his size

Hello to everyone else

Its been super quiet in here!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nat84u For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Welcome back Simpson Desert!!!! Did you go to banks town or Miranda??? I went to Miranda and I think Gwen had to book in a special appt day for the Miranda crew (who saw him on the 21st) to be able to see him on the 17th of jan!!! Hope your well and look forward to jumping back in the band wagon again with you and following your "successful" story - 2013 has got to be a good year!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (31-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: **Calling all Sydney IVF/ART ladies - from limbo land to graduates** #3

Hey Crofty, I saw him at Miranda on Dec 20th. I would have loved an appt between Jan 15-17 but Gwen said no hope. Guess they had to change tune due to popular demand. Oh well, whats one more month after 8yrs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

peonies thanks for offering to ask, I have decided to go to an appt with Pivet, and also one with Hollywood and see which clinic we feel more comfortable with! So if the ladies you know have any info on either of those, or the FS in either of those, that would be great, but I probbaly dont want to add another clinic into the mix as I've already agonised long enough! Pivet say you can change the Dr you are seeing. Our appt is with Dr Sillender at Pivet

SImpsondesert, glad to hear you're much happier. And interesting to hear that 21 months of grain free hasnt made a difference. We have also been cutting down - low wheat, low fat, low diary, low sugar for the past 8 months (idea being that Candida can affect a lot of people and can affect fertility). But DH's SA results were not that conclusive post healthy diet.... Actually I think maybe we just need to do more IVF cycles.

Nessika, how did your FS appt go? Have you had it yet hun? Its tough when you have to decide whether to go with another cycle or not.... good luck with whatever you decide

hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Paddlegirl. So sorry I forgot to come back & update! The word was that Dr Turner at Hollywood is the best. And I think he's an ob too.

Little update on me. We went to see FS yesterday, with a loooong list of questions & suggestions. He is on board with helping me do stuff to get there with our at-home insem, rather than just back to do IVF. He thinks I ovulate fine, my eggs are fine, etc. He agreed checking/flushing my tubes is prob a good idea because he didn't look at them before (because I was doing IVF so didn't need to check them). I have asked for a lipiodol flush - he is going to find out how hard it is to get the lipiodol medium, but if he can't get that he'll just do a normal HyCosy (is that what it's called?). Otherwise, he didn't even bat an eyelid when I said I had taken Letrozole given to me by a friend (we expected to be scolded), and in fact gave me a script for 3 more months of it. Doesn't think I need it because I ovulate anyway, but agreed that it might help get a better one.
    He even scanned me while I was there, as it was CD12. Had one at 18mm and another smaller one. He said tonight would be too early to get SG over, so we should prob go for Fri night and Sunday. So I guess we'll go with that.
    If this month doesn't work, then I'll have some kind of HyCosy or flush early in the next cycle, depending on what medium he can get his hands on. He also wrote me out forms for some BTs that have never been done on me, glucose tolerance, a bunch of thrombo antibodies stuff, NK cells, etc etc. Again, I don't think he really thought I needed them, but was happy to humour me. We shall see. Was a great appointment though, and glad he is on board with helping & humouring me.

Hope everyone else is well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Peonies, best of luck with the new plan. There's anecdotal evidence of lots of people conceiving the cycle after HyCoSy. I was one of them but unfortunately miscarried.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to romaverona For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (31-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi everyone. Hope you are all well.

Quickie from me. My friend just told me she's 9 weeks pregnant, which means she fell pregnant on her honeymoon (like she had planned to). I'm near 37 weeks pregnant myself... So why do I feel a bit envious of her?

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub