Closed Thread
Page 47 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, I guess you never know. My pregnancies both m/c & tBFP started off with very low hcg levels. Nevertheless I'm losing my mind - last night I was so convinced of BFN that I didn't bother with pessary or clexane and had a strong scotch and coke that DH mixed for me and felt like I was tipsy as have no alcohol tolerance these days. B/T is tomorrow dpo 16, I haven't bothered with POAS today, maybe I should buy 1 more. Last pregnyl shot was last Tuesday.
    Never used progesterone pessaries b/f I'm guessing they delay AF?

How are the other 2WW's going??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ahh Nessika - I have everything crossed for you!!

I am going ok. Felt pinching pains & cramps yesterday, and some other symptoms & had huge temp spike this morning. But not getting hopes up too much, as I had a lot of symptoms last month & it turned out to just be the progesterone cream. I'll test in a couple of days.

Mon (xmas eve) would have been my EDD, so hoping for a BFP to bring a bit of light to a dark day.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Nessika  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies, I so hope the BFP will bring some light on Xmas, it will be such a good Xmas present! I have everything crossed for you.

Ness, you poor thing, it must be a hard night for you. I think the strong scotch will do the same as clexane anyway, so don't worry! If your pregnyl was last Tuesday, Im somhow convinced the line is legitimate for a BFP! I hope tomorrow's b/t will confirm this!

AFM, after yesterday's mood swing and downpat pessimestic, I did feel a bit different last night, like a heavy kind of feeling in lower abdominal and both of my ovaries are kind of sore liking its working hard and this morning I woke up at 5am thinking Im pregant...But who knows, could be just my mind is doing tricks on me. AF usually turns up a week after transfer, so far, I don't feel its close so at least this is a good sign! Today is DPO13. I have also found out that all my HPTs are expired early this year. So took Nat's advice and bought 1 test today and plan to do it tomorrow...will keep you updated. Fingerscorss, how are you doing? Any one else in TWW that I forgot?
    Last edited by Earthpower9; 18-12-2012 at 12:28.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earthpower9 For This Useful Post:

Nessika  (18-12-2012),peoniesarepretty  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, good luck to you testing tomorrow earthpower! Wow, 13dpo - you're so much more patient than I am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Earthpower I have everything crossed for you too Things are sounding bright can't wait to hear how you go tomorrow.

Peonies Sending you love and light for EDD and for a sticky BFP this time around.

Girls you've both done pessaries haven't you? Does it delay AF usually?

EP about my substitute for clexane last night, I've still got a faint line tonight. To me that's not looking good for a sticky bfp 15dpo - still in limbo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default **Calling all Sydney IVF/ART ladies - from limbo land to graduates** #3

Good luck with the testing earthpower. Everything crossed.

Nessika and peonies, sending baby dust.

XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessika - Not going to be helpful, but ... sometimes the progesterone supplementation will delay AF and sometimes it won't.
    It really depends on how high a level you have successfully absorbed. "They" say if blood progesterone is above 30 then AF will stay away.
    For me the number is closer to 35 after an IVF stim cycle (lower for a natural cycle), so I think peak progesterone reached during the cycle (or how quickly it falls) might also have something to do with AF timing, rather than a simple "keep it above this number". My progesterone was always around 35 plus or minus some at BFN BT, so that's the amount 2xcrinone a day boosts my levels. Sometimes AF would start the day of BT with that amount of progesterone, once it arrived 1 week after stopping progesterone, and once it arrived 1 week after transfer (12dpo) while still using progesterone. Sorry to say - every cycle and every person is different ... again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default **Calling all Sydney IVF/ART ladies - from limbo land to graduates** #3

Ness- progesterone never delayed my af, but as felicita said, everyone is different. I really hope that line darkens up soon

Peonies - I really hope your edd is marked with exciting news!! When will you start testing? I have to say tho that it will be a sad day regardless of potential pregnancies. I will be thinking of you

Earth- cant wait to hear your testing news...

Romavera- so close for you now!!! How exciting, how are you feeling?

Felicita - how are your twins going and growing? How is life at home? Bit crazy?

Hi to all the other lovely ladies. Only six weeks left for me, getting exciting except my 3yo ds keeps asking where the baby will actually come out of me!!!! Hard to brush him off 15 times a day with a vague response about my tummy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    traveler - I assume your DS keeps asking because he's eager to meet his sibling. My sister brought her DS to stay overnight at my place while she gave my mum a rest from helping me. We think he is now extremely grateful for being an only child and not having to wait for the babies all the time , but he still thinks they're cute.

AFM - Since giving up the boob-feeding a month ago I've had so much more time. I never managed to get enough supply for exclusive breastfeeding, and decided that something other than my sanity should give, so boob-time got cancelled. Then, since deciding not to stress about maintaining my meagre supply (last week), things are even more relaxed. They now get a bit of comfort-boob, but it's not relied upon for nourishment. Still quite annoyed that I thought the easiest part to achieve in the conception through parenting journey was going to be having breast engorgement post partum when the milk comes in. It never happened. With effort and stress I managed to drag (pumped) supply up to a maximum nearly 20 mL/hr - 400 mL/day. The supply=demand mantra for breastfeeding doesn't always work. Sometimes you just end up with starving babies and a depressed mother who only had 3 hrs sleep in 2 days.

I'm blessed with two very well behaved babies. DS used to have wind pains but they've passed (no pun intended). He does cry between removing the bottle and achieving a burp. They used to both be very unsettled after the last feed before 7pm. Then on an overcast evening we discovered the magic of OUTSIDE. Looking forward to using a soft-structured carrier for dual-hip-carry if they're not too heavy together.

Went shopping today for my first baby-clothes purchase - 000. Hand-me-downs and gifts have been sufficient from 000000 until now. Hard to believe 000000 was too big for DD coming home from hospital. They both now weigh more than 4 kg. DS grows out of leg length before filling out width. DS started off 500g more than DD, but during the week I thought exclusive BF would work he gained 100g while she didn't gain at all, so now he's 600g heavier (4.87kg vs 4.27kg at 3mo.).

Just shy of 12 wks (8wks corrected) they decided to drop down to 5 feeds a day some days, and to become easier to settle. So now that workload is easier Mum is preparing me for her departure ( and ). She only lives in the next suburb so no hassles calling her for near-immediate help. Accidentally discovered yesterday that easiest way to tandem bottlefeed isn't in bouncers or a twin "feeding/cuddle box", but simply head to head on the floor.

They started frequent social-smiling last week. I learnt it's the puff of air on the "boo" of "peek-a-boo" that causes the smile. So "poo in the pool" is equally funny.

I wasn't scared of having twins. Mum had raised us to be prepared for quads as non-identical twins are on both sides of the family, and identical twins are also on her side. But in retrospect perhaps I should have been scared. Weeks 4-12 I really thought I'd bitten off more than I could chew. Quartz - I guess you're around this stage at the moment. But I'm now enjoying it. I even have the time to do long posts

They're developing along gender stereotypes. DS with the spatial skills, reaching out to hit the toys on the bouncer, DD with interpersonal skills, a particular high-pitched tantrum cry and leg stamping to express displeasure - usually meaning "give me back my bottle" when she has to wait for me to burp DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traveler I agree EDD's after m/c are a difficult time, especially for all of us who work so damn hard to achieve a BFP in the first place.
    I'm just wondering what you could say to DS A summer baby - not long now

Felicita It is lovely to hear how the twins are doing - I am in awe of how you are managing and it's great that you have well behaved babies! DH and I were just wondering the other day would this of been easier if we'd had twins. He really wanted a son too. Are you planning on having another baby down the track? Surprising how tough b/f can be - I could never do it exclusively either. Have fun shopping, you're going to have to do a lot of it as they grow so fast from this stage on!

AFM 16dpo still no AF yet but I've accepted it's just the progesterone delaying it. hpt showed a barely visible line any shred of hope was gone once I saw that. Didn't bother to show up for b/t this morning. Am finding it hard to leave the house again - and dd is asking why I'm crying.
    Reading is the only thing that keeps my mind off it all. About to start reading Magic by Rhonda Byrne apparently living in gratitude will bring happiness rather than focusing on what you don't have. Well I've gotta do something.