Closed Thread
Page 42 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default **Calling all Sydney IVF/ART ladies - from limbo land to graduates** #3

Dr saw yesterday's BT and wants DP to do bloods again today. All done, think transfer will be happening soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Earthpower - SG is Sperm Guy, just a little nickname for our sperm donor.

Lillac - good numbers!! No, no Clomid or anything. Just natural. Someone has given me some Letrozole, so if this cycle doesn't work I'll give that a go next time.
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 06-12-2012 at 09:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessika - hang in there. with the emby that remians.

quartz - love hearing your progress reports on the boys.

earthpower9 - hello and everything crossed for transfer on Monday

peonies - been stalking you May SG do his thing this weekend.

Fingerscrossd11, nat, lillac, TTHC and all who I've missed - thinking of you all and sending positive vibes.

AFM

We're both travelling well, bubs and I. Only 3 weeks to go. I'm a watermelon on legs that sort of look like mine but chunkier... It also takes me until lunchtime to feel human these days and I'm quite content to just potter around the house all day.

Been panic buying yet more clothes for bubs. The weather is cray cray in Sydney right now.

Take care all.

XXXX

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romaverona For This Useful Post:

Earthpower9  (10-12-2012),peoniesarepretty  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roma you sound so cute & ripe with your watermelon description, hard to believe some ppl don't even know they're UTD or even hide late pregnancy You're certainly getting the best Christmas present this year

Wishing4 Glad you will have your baby either by fostering, donor all maybe both. Sorry to hear your clinic was so neglectful and rude to you, that's ridiculous.

Lilac how are you now? Those numbers look amazing - can't wait to hear about your first scan!

Earthpower lots of for your 2 bubsicals FET on Monday

Peonies Hope SG performs miracles & your timing is perfect for a ripe follie.

Quartz Would lover for your family to be altogether for your gorgeous boys first Christmas.

SimpsonDesert Your strength is inspiring! Let us know how you go with DrM (I would be going to see him if this wasn't my last try) Everything crossed that 2013 is your year! In the meantime enjoy your freedom

Fingerscrossed Hope everything is going well for you & DP - when is transfer?

Hello to Traveer, Alison, Bella, Nat84, TTHC, Catemer and all the other lovely ladies.

AFM PUPO since yesterday - I'm being more realistic remembering I only have about a 15% chance of this working. Doing pessaries morn & night & Clexane daily (any tips about jabbing Clex without it hurting too much??) As I prepare myself I am very grateful to have been blessed with one child via IVF and know that it can work even when there are so many disappointments it doesn't seem fair but I'm starting to think about all the things I can do with my time now that I won't be putting so much time, money and energy into TTC. Lots of possibilties.

It's early but want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, safe & Happy New Year!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nessika For This Useful Post:

Earthpower9  (10-12-2012),MGC Bertie  (07-12-2012),peoniesarepretty  (07-12-2012),romaverona  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessika - re: Clexane hurting. I found the thigh hurt less than the tummy, but left more bruises. (That was while in hospy after bubs were born. I couldn't bring myself to inject my own thigh during IVF, I imagined that it would hurt too much.) I tried numbing with ice, but found the ice more annoying than the clexane. My sister's suggestion is to pinch the skin fold really really hard so that other subsequent pains seem not so great. Mostly I just did the injection than whinged at DH about it hurting.
    All that said, I started forgetting the clexane at around 18 wks because I kept putting it off until later, and I was then off it completely by 20 wks (instead of at 24 or 26 wks as originally intended), but then my last FS said I didn't need it and just to do the prednisone. Since my NK results were 50:50 he thought just doing half the treatment was sufficient, but I had spare clexane from earlier cycles so I started myself on it anyway and let the FNs tell the FS after my BFP. Then my Ob continued to provide scripts for me.
    Other ppl who have used clexane more than me will also offer suggestions. Just try all of them until you hopefully find something that works for you.
    Good luck.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

Nessika  (08-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Nessika - I've been jabbing Clexane since 7 weeks pregnant... I ice the area till its completely numb. I do it in my belly, some spots seem to hurt more than others. I pinch the loose skin up (but there's not much of that left),and jab it straight in quickly. If you look on the actual needle there's a little sort of tapered tip thing (I don't know what it's called) I turn it so the tip is facing up, then jab it in quickly like a dart. Sometimes it stings while pushing the liquid in, sometimes not so much. Sometimes it bleeds, sometimes not. And sometimes I leave massive purple and black bruises, and sometimes I don't. I'm used to it by now though (21 weeks of jabbing will do that to you though!)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nat84u For This Useful Post:

Nessika  (08-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessika, re clexane, I do the thigh as well and find it so much better than tummy. Alternatively, DH does it for me on my bottom which is good and tend not to bruise at all. I also find push the needle nice and slow sting less but it does take a bit longer. DH always tells me to wiggle my toes or he sings to me which is really cute....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm, is EVERYBODY on Clexane? My FS never suggested this. Is it something I should know more about?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi peonies
    I was never prescribed clexane for my cycles either. I think it is to stop blood clots forming which may cause miscarriage ? The other girls will be able to explain it.
    In my most recent cycle my FS agreed for me to take low dose aspirin which Kind of sort of does a very mild version of blood thinning .
    What is that medication Letrozole for? I haven't heard about this one

Nessika it sounds like you are in a good head space with this final cycle. Wishing you all the best with it x

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

Nessika  (08-12-2012),peoniesarepretty  (08-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Clexane does stop blood clots forming, but my old FS also told me it helps with mild immune issues (not sure how true that us though!) I fell pregnant without it though, only went on it at 7 weeks, so I probably don't need it. I believe it was the prednisolone that got me over the line!