+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Partner left me just before i found out i am (6 weeks) pregnant and not a resident.

Hello, I'm Katie, Im 34, been here since November on a 4 year sponsorship visa. I have been in Oz before for years in the past, it's my home now, I love it. Im not a resident. My partner of four years cheated on me the day after we conceived this baby, which we had ben planning for six months. I had a miscarriage a few months ago also. We went to Europe to see family and friends (he is Dutch I am English). I left a week early as I had to work. He said he fell in love with someone (within a few days). I was gutted, am gutted. He calls me now because he wants me to terminate it. I didn't see it coming, it's so Jerry Springer but I'm a nice girl! Really!

I have a tenancy agreement til March, he left me to pay 410 a week by myself. He is a fker. All my good friends and family are in the UK, but I don't want to leave OZ. I can't get residency through my work until it is born as it requires an x-ray. I'm looking for other women in the same boat and hope there is someway we can support each other/ even live together to make this work.

I have a big beautiful dog and trying to find somewhere that i can afford, and has garden is hard. Where there is a will though, there is a way.

Anyone out there who is stuck like me? Or can offer advice? Please

Katie x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Partner left me just before i found out i am (6 weeks) pregnant and not a resident.

No advice Katie but couldn't read without wishing you all the best with your bubba..
    You think you know someone hey. What an ar5e he is GBH x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry this has happened to you. Men can be such idiots . So unfair. I hope you are ok , you sound like a strong person. Hope you have some good friends here to support you and hope you manage to find a place you all can live including your pooch. Xxx his bloody loss , when your old and have your kids around you at Christmas hopefully he will be lonely and Scrooge like in a cold flat eating beans out of a tin with a plastic fork! Pay back. So immature to walk away . He is a coward , you sound like you will get it together , if not come on here for advice and support , having a baby is quite a journey xxxx good luck to you.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

Izzybee  (06-09-2012),LivinOnAPrayer  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Partner left me just before i found out i am (6 weeks) pregnant and not a resident.

How awful for you - hugs. I don't quite understand the issue with residency though. Your employer could sponsor you for PR even though you are pregnant, as long as your occupation is on the list.... Have you asked them about it? Hope it all works out for you. I am also a UK expat!

Thanks
    Reviews

Im not in the same situation as you but I am English and came here on a working holiday visa, met my now husband and within 5 months of is dating I fell pregnant, I applied for a partner visa with hubby sponsoring me and did everything required apart from the x-ray, I was planning to ge the x-ray done after I gave birth but within 5 months of giving birth I fell pregnant with my second and therefore didn't/couldn't get my x-ray done. I am now a permanent resident and have not had my x-ray nor did they ask/require it of me before it was granted. Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews

P.S what an a-hole! I'm so sorry he did that to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure I have much advice but I'm English (working should get you a visa - are you working?). I have citizenship though so am lucky but my ex is Irish and we moved to Ireland were I had my first child alone without any family or friends and tbh it was horrible - you need your family you really do ESP with your first do I was stro got recommend you return home for support and try to salvages something of your life from this. Use your family to help and return to work in the Uk as doo as you can they work on moving her with a job if you still want to but honestly I have 3 children from my marriage and my family live near by now and are a godsend - but even WITH their support it's an extremely hard life as a single parent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ​Sorry for typos - iPad vs fat fingers!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to murrythecat For This Useful Post:

disco86  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for the replies. They are possibly willing to do permanent residency through work but their lawyer said they could refuse if I don't give them a chest x ray, it's a lot of money to lose. I don't want to go back to UK.

Thanks
    Reviews

Do you have much support where you are now Katie? Are there alot of friends to help you through this and your pregnancy?