+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tricky Buisness

Okay. Well two weeks ago I was told I was miscarrying. My hcg levels went down to 50. I then had a repeat test the following week and they had rose to 250. Another week later they rose again to 450. The doctors are puzzled and so am I. They are questioning if it's a pregnancy in an unknown location and want to give me the methaltrexate or questioning if it's a new pregnancy. Having another blood test next week and scan. Scan this week showed nothing. No abdo pain. Confusing stuff!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tricky Buisness

Sounds very similar to me.
    When a week goes by your HCG should have risen a lot more than that.
    Just be prepared but keep fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Tricky Buisness

I've actually been through something similar. Ultrasound showed empty uterus but hcg was there. Then hcg dropped... Then went up... Then went up... Dropped. This went on for two weeks. They thought it was ectopic like pp. but I really had no pain just twinges. And some spotting. Eventually I did have a hcg of 0. But I also experienced what I think was a miscarriage but it was weird. I was monitored in hospital for four days too.
    I hope your outcome is better... It's confusing and very stressful.
    Have you had an ultrasound?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same thing with my ectopic. my levels were rising quite nicely not quite doubling in 24hours but pretty darn close. Scan at almost 7 weeks showed the baby was in the tube absolutely no pain whatsoever even though it was so close to bursting when it was taken out.

keep having scans until they can work something out

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tricky Buisness

Thanks for the advice. If its the same pregnancy I would be coming up to nearly 9 weeks. Which surely something would be on the scan. The scan initially I had two and half weeks ago showed my lining was thickened ready for a baby. But the scan I had this week was back to its normal size. It's so frustrating. Just want it over so I can move on with things. It's certainly physically and mentally traumatic. My ob in Melbourne which I miss heaps suggested I get another hcg done today to see what it's done in 48 hours. I move up to qld and know no good doctors who I can trust.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Tricky Buisness

Muppet... Where are in qld? I'm on gold coast maybe I can help at all???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tamtam I'm in Gold Coast too. Thats the thing I dont know anything that could help the situation. Just got to sit and wait. And yeah I didnt think ectopics went that late either. xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tricky Buisness

I had an ectopic that went that late. At least that's what they said (wasn't at gold coast hospital).
    Is that where you are going? Whereabouts are you on GC? I could suggest a GP?? Feel free to pm me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tricky Buisness

Quote Originally Posted by muppet2013 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. If its the same pregnancy I would be coming up to nearly 9 weeks. Which surely something would be on the scan. The scan initially I had two and half weeks ago showed my lining was thickened ready for a baby. But the scan I had this week was back to its normal size. It's so frustrating. Just want it over so I can move on with things. It's certainly physically and mentally traumatic. My ob in Melbourne which I miss heaps suggested I get another hcg done today to see what it's done in 48 hours. I move up to qld and know no good doctors who I can trust.
    I was originally told after a similar experience to yours that I had a blighted ovum.
    I went in at 7.6 weeks to check for twins as it runs in the family and I'm always paranoid , only to find a sac that measured 5.2 weeks nothing inside it. I had bloods dobe the next day and then 48 hours later andwent back 9 days later for another scan as they were sure my dates were out.
    My HCG had risen from 11,000 to 20,000 (abouts) and they were sure the scan would show a baby this time.
    Nope no baby and sack now measured 5.6 days, so still growing and another HCG 48 hours later showed another rise to 36,000.
    So they sent me for another scan at what was suppose to be 11 weeks and another HCG. The scan again showed nothing and my HCG had risen to 58,000.
    They said it was likely blighted ovum and asked what I wanted to do, wait another 9 days or have d&c , I chose to have d&c and they sent it off for tests.
    Turned out I had a partial molar pregnancy. Not very common in Australia 0.09% chance of it happening according to stats from the royal women's hospital molar registry in Melbourne.
    It was the most traumatizing experience for myself, cancer scared the pants off me and to top it off I have had another awful miscarriage story. I lost our first baby at 16 weeks and gave birth.
    I feel so much for you right now but miracles can happen. My friend had a very similar experience to mine except her non existent pregnancy and baby is 4 next May .
    You always need to keep hopeful until the very end no matter how painful