+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What do I need for the hospital stay?? Please help :)

Yep grannies undies and make sure they r big cause you swell with fluid after a c section. Also the first night you can't get out of bed so pack a travel waterless toothbrush ( can't remember what they're called) and make up wipes. A large water bottle. A eye mask for blocking out the lights at night. (I couldn't sleep without mine!) loose clothing, lip balm..

Thanks
    Reviews

I went public and my hospital supplied pads.
    But they were crap el cheapo bass that dont have sticky or anything, they just sit on ur underwear iykwim.

They were good though cos u could open them up and put the ice sticks in them (that way the ice sticks arnt full on touching you iykwim) my hospital had zooper dooper type ice sticks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    Where are you located? I am in Brissie and in my 'Orange book' with all the middies notes is a page that gives you a list of what to take for you and bub :-)
    I'm in WA, haven't looked there actually.... Will do now! Thx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: What do I need for the hospital stay?? Please help :)

I think most have been said but i would add A hair dryer..on cool setting not for your hair iykwim.. Snacks. E.g. muesli bars or biscuits to eat at 2am when you are starving.

Also on the pad issue the ones at my hospital were great and I loved the trick with the ice down the middle! I ended up only needing super pads after the first week though.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    I think most have been said but i would add A hair dryer..on cool setting not for your hair iykwim.. Snacks. E.g. muesli bars or biscuits to eat at 2am when you are starving.

Also on the pad issue the ones at my hospital were great and I loved the trick with the ice down the middle! I ended up only needing super pads after the first week though.

I've been told by my middy that I cannot bring any electrical equipment into the hospital (ie hair dryer). Not sure if this is the same in all hospitals

Thanks
    Reviews

My hospital also supplied pads and ice insert things which were great. On a friend's recommendation I then had condoms filled with water in the freezer to use when I got home. They were actually really soothing just inside threw pad when I was resting. I also bought witchhazel and soaked some maternity pads in it and froze them too - pulled a cold one out at each change and out was also really soothing when I got home.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelex View Post
    I've been told by my middy that I cannot bring any electrical equipment into the hospital (ie hair dryer). Not sure if this is the same in all hospitals
    Wow really? What about a breast pump? Some of those you have to plug in.

I'm just remembering now how much electrical stuff I did bring.. phone/charger, laptop (to watch grey's while ds slept). It might be different hospital policies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i'm in Brissie and got told to bring everything as they only supply linen. when i look at my bags i look as tho im going on holiday for 2 weeks. lol.

yes, get lots of maternity pads. last time i ran out, and hubby bought the wrong ones.. i hated them!