+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC and protein shakes

Ladies

Im currently TTC and have protein shakes each morning after my exercise, as they help with recovery and i tend not to eat enough protein in my diet.
    Having read that protein shakes should be avoided during pregnancy, did anyone stop them while TTC? Or just kept having them until BFP?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Why should they be avoided during pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wondering the same thing......

My fs told me to eat lots of protein when I was trying to conceive lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

My naturopath had me on 1 a day mainly as she believes pregnant women need more protein ( and I was high risk for pre eclampsia so had to increase my protein ) I would think as long as it didn't have too much vitamin a or sugar there would be no problems !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently to be avoided because of the vitamins and the artificial sweeteners. I read the label of my current one and it said to avoid during pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    They are too high in vit A. I had been having trouble eating and wanted to just have one for breakfast but my dietitian said it was a big no no. There is one of the texta pack ones that is just ok with the vit a levels. It starts with m and sounds Japanese from memory. i think you can buy it from the supermarket.

Thanks
    Reviews

The one I took only had 280 IU of vit A per serving and I just looked up the recommended vit A for pregnant women is 2000IU so easily ok