+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    I guess that's where I'll never understand alcohol... Why can't u catch up without alcohol? What's wrong with soft drink, coffee etc? I just personally don't understand why alcohol needs to be in drinks at all....
    Because its fun, it makes you feel good and its nice to do. If you dont like it thats fine dont do it. But dont try to make other people feel like lepers because they enjoy a drink

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babybubbles For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Alcohol/Bar at a school Fete? WDYT?

DS10 school does it goes from midday till 8.30ish with fireworks etc it's nice to sit in the designated bar over18 area and have a wine and watch catch up with other parents

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellavista For This Useful Post:

wannawannabe  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babybubbles View Post
    Because its fun, it makes you feel good and its nice to do. If you dont like it thats fine dont do it. But dont try to make other people feel like lepers because they enjoy a drink
    The problem with this, is as I said previously, I can't control other people's actions. If a fight breaks out, someone falls on my child, they are emotionally effected, me deciding not to drink won't effect that outcome.

No one is making you feel like a leper, to the contrary it's non drinkers in this thread that are being called names and made to feel like there is something wrong with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    The problem with this, is as I said previously, I can't control other people's actions. If a fight breaks out, someone falls on my child, they are emotionally effected, me deciding not to drink won't effect that outcome.

No one is making you feel like a leper, to the contrary it's non drinkers in this thread that are being called names and made to feel like there is something wrong with them.
    But why would you have your child I the drinking area of this is your worry. Anyway contrary to these comments, I have NEVER seen a parent behave like this at a school fete. Personally I think the fear of judgement from others keeps most people from drinking too much and getting out of control. It's not the local tavern in a Friday night.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I don't have a problem tbh. Would probably make it a bit more bearable

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (06-09-2012),babyla  (06-09-2012),wannawannabe  (06-09-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I think it's sad people need a drink to have a good time.

Fwiw I do drink I just don't think it's appropriate at a school fete.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I think it's sad people need a drink to have a good time.

Fwiw I do drink I just don't think it's appropriate at a school fete.
    And I think it's sad that people judge others drinking like that.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (07-09-2012),Witwicky  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    But why would you have your child I the drinking area of this is your worry. Anyway contrary to these comments, I have NEVER seen a parent behave like this at a school fete. Personally I think the fear of judgement from others keeps most people from drinking too much and getting out of control. It's not the local tavern in a Friday night.
    People do leave the drinking area, to go to the toilet, to take their child to the jumping castle, to get a hamburger etc. I see it similar to smoking. It could be argued smoking is fine at a fete as long as they smoke away from the kids? bc non smokers are just uptight? the difference is smoking doesn't change your behaviour.

I wouldn't know how people act at school events as our school doesn't hold events with alcohol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think australian culture as a whole is way, way too reliant on alcohol..

That's what I think...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (06-09-2012),headoverfeet  (06-09-2012),MoonMoon  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Im not judging your choice... Im literally asking for what purpose do people drink alcohol? All it ever did to me as a young person was make me dizzy and tired.... Surely ppl don't drink it to feel dizzy and tired??
    If I am getting dizzy and tired I have had more than an elegant sufficiency.

I drink it because I enjoy it. I won't bore you with wine tasting faff.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (07-09-2012),Ishtyban  (06-09-2012)