+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Alcohol/Bar at a school Fete? WDYT?

... Am I the only vanilla pants who hears "school fete" and thinks "woo hoo, cake stalls!"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (06-09-2012),wannawannabe  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    ^ that's the kind of culture I'm talking about and I don't think it's funny parents don't want to spend time involving themselves in their children's activities unless there is alcohol involved.
    That's pretty judgmental based on a tounge in cheek comment. Yes he enjoys a social beer but you would be hard pressed to find a father more devoted to his children's and community activities.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Euphrosyne For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (06-09-2012),squirrelex  (06-09-2012),Witwicky  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Alcohol/Bar at a school Fete? WDYT?

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    ... Am I the only vanilla pants who hears "school fete" and thinks "woo hoo, cake stalls!"
    Me! Except for me I get excited about fairy floss and lucky dips... But would you believe the last fete I went to there were NO lucky dips!!! Infact, one mother at a stall commented "What's a lucky dip??"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    lol no, me too

and OT, but don't you need a special licence to serve alcohol? if the parents bring a bottle of wine or 6 pack obviously that's different, but with the discussion of beer tents... how is that legal? and I know licences are around 100k

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post

and OT, but don't you need a special licence to serve alcohol? if the parents bring a bottle of wine or 6 pack obviously that's different, but with the discussion of beer tents... how is that legal? and I know licences are around 100k
    You can get temporary permit for one off events, restrictions depend on the type of event, what is being served and number of people etc. Permits of that type cost under a hundred dollars.
    Last edited by Euphrosyne; 06-09-2012 at 19:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
    You can get temporary licenses for one off events, cost and restrictions depend on the type of event, what is being served and number of people etc. Licenses of that type cost a few hundred dollars.
    I didn't know that, thanks for clarifying

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    I've only ever been to fetes like this. I assumed this was normal?
    If that's the case then they have certainly come a long way since I was in primary school Seriously, all ours were were cake stalls, lucky dips, the fishing game (that was always my favourite), white elephant stalls, book stalls, plant stalls and maybe something the kids had made that they tried to flog back to the parents.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (06-09-2012),Stiflers Mom  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Our fete is jumping castles, pony rides, lucky dip, hamburger/food stalls. Cake stalls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    If that's the case then they have certainly come a long way since I was in primary school Seriously, all ours were were cake stalls, lucky dips, the fishing game (that was always my favourite), white elephant stalls, book stalls, plant stalls and maybe something the kids had made that they tried to flog back to the parents.
    same...so I guess I'm viewing this from a ''hmmm..is this something I'd like to see introduced at our school" - rather than, "Hmmm..is this something I'd want to have banned from our school", perspective.

If it was suggested to be introduced in MY suburb, I think I'd vote against it - that is me putting my mcjudgey pants on and weighing up the pros and cons based on the people I see and interact with at the school.

Most school events i've been to so far with my 7 year old and two 5 and a half year olds - I've haven't had the chance to sit and relax let alone imagine enjoying a refreshing glass of vino!!
    ..I save that for when I get home - put them to bed and open a bottle

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post

Most school events i've been to so far with my 7 year old and two 5 and a half year olds - I've haven't had the chance to sit and relax let alone imagine enjoying a refreshing glass of vino!!
    ..I save that for when I get home - put them to bed and open a bottle
    this is me too. I spend all the school events chasing my 18 month old, being dragged around by my 3 year old and being fleeced for more money by my 7 year old. What I would give you to be able sit down and have a glass of wine! No chance.

In additon to a license I understood you also need someone with a responsible service of alcohol ticket. Not a big deal but someone has to pass the tests and pay the fee to hold this ticket. That's anothe thing that puts us off.