+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Info On Importing Donor Sperm & Where Accepts It?

Hi ladies!

I am looking for some information regarding using imported I.D release donor sperm in clinics in Australia.
    I am living in Melbourne currently, and i am aware that all Melb clinics do not accept imported sperm.
    I have read posts on BH about a few in NSW that do but i have had no luck in contacting them about it.

So basically i'm interested to know if any of you have imported and used it to conceive in NSW or QLD? If so, where? Im thinking of using Xytex.com.

My partner and I are wanting to use one donor to conceive a child for each of us, so are looking to store the sperm as well.

I have found BH to be so helpfull over the years for so much information but i just cant pinpoint this issue.

I hope to hear from some people soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I enquired in NSW 2 years ago, I couldn't find a clinic that would receive donor sperm from overseas.
    QLD clinics import their own that conform to the states laws, and allow you to choose from them, so you may also be able to have them receive imported donor sperm?

In the end I had to use IVF, so used clinic recruited donor in victoria (as I am infertile) I hope someone else here has a bit more experience and can help you out a bit more :-)

Good Luck

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The clinic we're using has donor sperm from Xytex however I think you have to be treated through them and you can only select from their list, they don't import what you choose.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Info On Importing Donor Sperm & Where Accepts It?

Yep, what rainbow road said. A donor list is issued to you when you book on and you can choose from usually a couple locals and mostly xytex sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can import your own xytex sperm if you have to be treated through them.One clinic of I know will but at your cost(importing),Oh in NSW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info ladies... after contacting dozens of clinics across australia i have found three that offer importation in some way, one in Canberra, one in Sydney and one on the Sunshine coast. Im sure there are more but i havent come across them. Im still conversing with the three and havent made decision to which one we will visit. Feel free to offer me your clinic names if you have found them to be satisfactory.... I would reallllly appreciate it, as im sure you all understande the struggle to gather all the information in the firt place. I hope you are all doing well with your baby journeys thus far.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Updates..

Hi stuffnthings - I just wanted to find out how you ended up going and if you had any luck? I hope you were successful with your conceiving attempts. How was your experience with the clinic you chose and are you able to provide any details as I am starting a similar search myself. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffnthings View Post
    Thanks for the info ladies... after contacting dozens of clinics across australia i have found three that offer importation in some way, one in Canberra, one in Sydney and one on the Sunshine coast. Im sure there are more but i havent come across them. Im still conversing with the three and havent made decision to which one we will visit. Feel free to offer me your clinic names if you have found them to be satisfactory.... I would reallllly appreciate it, as im sure you all understande the struggle to gather all the information in the firt place. I hope you are all doing well with your baby journeys thus far.
    I'd also be interested in knowing which clinic it was in QLD... It's always good to know what other options there are out there. I hadn't even thought of doing it that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Stuffnthings,
    Im also in Vic and have found that it *is* possible to import into clinics in Vic- they just don't like doing it! I had a very nice chat with a lady from the Victorian regulatory body (VARTA) who assured me it can be done, and has successfully been done in Vic. There is a bit of a process to go through but it didnt sound that bad- I will be starting the application to import soon. It needs to be imported into a clinic- I know of one that accepts it, and am waiting from another to confirm. So its not that you cant do it, its just the clinics would rather use their own supplies. Maybe they make more income from own supplies??? One clinic said that they didnt use imported supplies because they "couldnt be sure of where it came from"- but if it satisfies the strict Victorian legislation, then Im not sure if the clinics own rules could be any better?
    I would be interested to hear how you got on with your search for clinics interstate- best of luck and feel free to PM me to swap notes if interested