+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What Brands of Fenugreek and/or Blessed Thistle Are Really Effective For you?

Anyone who have had experienced successfully an increase in supply when using Fenugreek and/or Blessed Thistle? Can you recommend the brands?

There are so many brands and various prices out there, it gets really confusing which is really effective.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What Brands of Fenugreek and/or Blessed Thistle Are Really Effective For you?

Hi, I just went to the health food store (healthy life) and bought a packet of fenugreek and a packet of brewers yeast. I then baked Anzac biscuits and added a tablespoon of brewers yeast and two tablespoons of fenugreek. Tasted good and seemed to halp my supply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I bought Herbs of Gold brand at the Health Food shop because it had the most herbs in the capsules so it ended up being cheaper then the other brands.

Thanks
    Reviews

I used natures sunshine Blessed thistle and it seemed to help a lot..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What Brands of Fenugreek and/or Blessed Thistle Are Really Effective For you?

I think the brand I used was called mothers own? Had a picture of a mum and baby on the front. Worked great.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What Brands of Fenugreek and/or Blessed Thistle Are Really Effective For you?

I used the herbs of gold one, went to buy fenugreek from the health food store and the guy recommended it as it had a much higher dose of fenugreek (plus blessed thistle) so you only took one tab twice a day rather than the two tabs three times a day. I bought it for convenience and kept on it. I ended up finding it online (vitamin king) and buying three months supply at a time to make the postage worth while, but then it was way cheaper than the stores.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much ladies! At least now I have something to work on now. I have used Nature's Sunshine and Herbs of Gold products before but it didnt occur to me they have fenugreek or blessed thistle.

Veggiemama, thanks for the info on Vitamin King. I looked it up and wow really great prices. I thought of visiting the health food stores at first...Oh and the herbal concentrations are really high for the Herbs of Gold ones.

Will definitely explore more before ordering/buying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi luv2luv, if you dont mind, can I ask under what circumstances could you start on motilium? Was it prescribed? By GP or OB?

I had low supply problem with DS1 and would really like to get everything right this time.

Ta!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    your gp can prescribe motillium. Ive been taking it for over 12 months under the guidelines of Dr Jack Newman who is a leading professional in breastfeeding. I would suggest looking at his website and MOBI international, as well as groups like ABA. I couldnt be a longterm breastfeeder without Dr Jacks help and motillium

In a galaxy far far away....
    Motillium was my lifesaver too. DS decided to start waking every 2-3 hours at 4 months and my supply was just not enough, 2 weeks on motillium and I was loaded ready to squirt anyone in the face who came to close haha 

Thanks
    Reviews

This is a great thread! Wish I'd been on this forum when ds was really little - or better yet, before he arrived!

For the girls who recommended a brand of fenugreek or blessed thistle, did you use one or the other, or a combination of the herbs? What did you find worked best for you?

Sorry to hijack, OP