+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No however I let DS have a sip of my wine the other night coz he kept harassing me for it and I knew if he had a sip he'd hate it and stop asking. (it worked). I also remember being given sips of grandpas beer as a child.

Ive seen people let their kids have swigs of cruisers etc and it really worries me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    No however I let DS have a sip of my wine the other night coz he kept harassing me for it and I knew if he had a sip he'd hate it and stop asking. (it worked). I also remember being given sips of grandpas beer as a child.

Ive seen people let their kids have swigs of cruisers etc and it really worries me
    What if he liked it?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: **spin off** Do you think its cute when toddlers drink alcohol...

Quote Originally Posted by lovesushi View Post
    What if he liked it?
    When they go yum instead of yuck you're stuffed lol

Sent from my T-Hub2 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I don't think it's funny at all. My younger sister's friend, who is 16, once went to give DD who is 7, a UDL once when we were having a family BBQ. My sister quickly stepped in as I didn't see what was happening, and told her not ot be so stupid. She didn't understand why she got that reaction as her sister, who is about 24, gives her son, who is a year younger than DD a cruiser, or UDL when she's drinking. Apparenly it calms him down.. Wtf is wrong with some people?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't even know this was a thing! I have never seen it happen an it would disgust me.

I was at the shops the other day and a boy, about 5, asked his mum for a coke her reply. "No, you can have a Gatorade, what colour Gatorade do you want?" Wow...do people not understand these are drinks for adults and should only be drunken after intense exercise?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I find it bizarre. Why don't the parents just say no?

My son is demanding, but if we have an unsuitable drink (alcohol, cola etc) and he asks, we just say it's a drink for grown ups only, and he accepts that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: **spin off** Do you think its cute when toddlers drink alcohol...

Quote Originally Posted by lovesushi View Post
    What if he liked it?
    If they have a tiny taste of something you know they will hate then you know they will say yuk. You don't give them a cruiser or midori to taste.

If people care to check bonjella also contains alcohol which is why you should not exceed it's prescribed amount, as do some other medications. the tiniest of sips of light beer or something you know is an acquired adult taste etc from a spoon surely would be more beneficial than if they were to get hold of alcoholic lolly water by accident cos all the adults drink it so it must be yum. If they taste something yuk first then they are way less likely to want more.

I am talking no more than half a teaspoon at school age. Not toddlers. My dd1 had never ever asked what it tastes like or wanted to see what it tastes like again and I know that for now at least if someone offered her some I know 100% she would say no.

If I thought for a second she might like it there is no way in hell I would have let her try it. But I sense this thread isnot about giving kids bad tasting alcohol as a deterrent, more so as a thread about those that think it is funny on some weird way.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default **spin off** Do you think its cute when toddlers drink alcohol...

Absolutely not!

My parents are non drinkers so I was never exposed to alcohol till I was about 17. I never took an interest in alcohol. I never had my first drink until I was 24 and the most I've had at once is 2 drinks so I've never, nor will I ever, get drunk.
    My DD will not be exposed to alcohol either.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    If they have a tiny taste of something you know they will hate then you know they will say yuk. You don't give them a cruiser or midori to taste.
    You have no way of KNOWING they will defiantly hate it. My 2yo eats chilli's. Never though shed like them but she does.

Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    If people care to check bonjella also contains alcohol which is why you should not exceed it's prescribed amount, as do some other medications. the tiniest of sips of light beer or something you know is an acquired adult taste etc from a spoon surely would be more beneficial than if they were to get hold of alcoholic lolly water by accident cos all the adults drink it so it must be yum. If they taste something yuk first then they are way less likely to want more.
    I'm sorry I can't believe your comparing bonjella.. A topical medicine to reduce pain designed for children.. To an alcohol drink. A drug adults use to relax/socialize (or like the taste of, whatever) they are not the same.
    And if a child sips a beer/wine and hates it.. They'll refuse beer/wine but I still seriously doubt they'll turn down Lolly water that looks and taste like cordial anyway.

QUOTE=DesperatelySeekingSleep;6814630]i am talking no more than half a teaspoon at school age. Not toddlers. My dd1 had never ever asked what it tastes like or wanted to see what it tastes like again and I know that for now at least if someone offered her some I know 100% she would say no.[/QUOTE]
    What is the difference between you giving her a sip as an aversion, and someone else giving her one and having the same effect? How old is your DD?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewTheEmu For This Useful Post:

missjess86  (06-09-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews

I would never willingly give my children any booze. But my DS has got hold of a half full beer bottle and poured it down him self when he was first starting to walk, i shat my pants and freaked out big time. Babies love beer because of the yeast in it.