+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default **spin off** Do you think its cute when toddlers drink alcohol...

Disgusting

I also think it's gross and really tacky when people take 'funny' photos of their kids holding beer bottles etc. No offence to any of my bubhub friends who have done this...but yeah. Not my thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Nope, I'd never let a child have a sip. I know exDp (FOB) has tried giving DS sips in front of me which has lead to a full blown argument because he does not see any problem with it at all. Grrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Bogan, tacky and crap parenting! No way is it cute! I also hate those pictures where the kid is pretending to drink from a beer bottle/can, BIL took a pic of DD when she was 6 months old and held the beer bottle so it looked like she was drinking and it just looks so wrong!

Thanks
    Reviews

I didn't realize people actually did this on purpose, I've heard of kids drinking it when left lying around but never willingly let them have a few sips!

Wtf!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I went to NZ to visit my sister a few years ago her daughter was 2 ish, she climbed up to my sister who was drinking some white wine and my sister giggled and said she always does this and proceeded to give her a tiny sip. I sort of giggled as I was shocked . No kid needs that encouragement . The more I thought about it the more shocked I became. And these are people who are quite well off. , educated and pride themselves on well behaved kids and to put it bluntly are always having the best of things and letting you know about it, think there ways are best ect.... I really felt odd about it . Kids Should not even think of alcohol or " that special drink mummy has that makes me centre of attention when I have some" , there is zero need for it and i would never ever let my children anywhere near my glass of wine , it's not cute at all ....... You wouldn't let a kid have a nibble on a hash cookie!

I was totally suprised by it and shocked, the daughter is older now and I'm sure she doesn't do it still. , it was more a show off about cute little toddler wanting wine but wow!! Sometimes the last person you think would be so irresponsible is the one being so stupid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: **spin off** Do you think its cute when toddlers drink alcohol...

No no no and no! It disgusts me. My mil had custody of my dss, the night before his 1st bday, df and I went to pick him up, mil let him swig from her udl can...more than once. I was mortified!

I didn't get a chance to report it, she lost custody the day after his bday after we took him back.

It wasnt fun, the poor bub was so unsettled, he grizzled all night till he threw up then slept.

My ds now hadn't ever had alcohol our coffee, at 6mnths my bestir dipped his dummy in her coke, who knows why! But she did get a lecture and hasn't done It since... I might be a mean mum but he gets water and milk... Maybe one small drink of 100% juice watered down 1:5 maybe once afn if he is lucky. I don't see the need.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

My parents let my 1yr old niece DD (and my boys as babies) have reached out for their drinks but they have never given them any because they know I don't approve. My dad still comments in jest that it won't hurt her but my mum always tells him NO!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

No way. That's awful.

And very bogan.

Thanks
    Reviews

My girls are 6 and 4 and hate even the smell of alcohol. Pretty sure even if some idiot offered them a sip they'd tell them off before I had a chance to! They even tell DP off for having more than 2 or 3 "because it's drunk juice and bad for you" ha ha ha. Love the fact that they're smart enough to understand the basic facts already

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Why on earth would people think a toddler pretending to drink alcohol in a photo is funny? And people wonder why Australians have a really bad drinking culture? I would have no hesitation in judging sorry and would be questioning their parenting if they think that's funny