+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default **spin off** Do you think its cute when toddlers drink alcohol...

No. Thats awful. Same goes for coffee and soft drinks. Saw a mother yesterday feeding a 10 month old mountain dew and it took a lot to say nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

It's pathetic and disgusting.
    I have 3 boys 6, 4 and 2 and have never allowed my kids to have a sip. That's not to say they haven't, I caught my middle son up on the kitchen bench when he was 3 having a sip of daddies drink.
    Needless to say daddy got in big big trouble and DS3 got a very long lecture on hospital visits, doctors and needles if he drinks daddies alcohol again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly8329 For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I absolutely do NOT find it funny, nor will I ever find it funny or understand why anyone would do this?!?! I also find it disgusting if people do it to their pets too!

It's plain f%&k3d up in my eyes......

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could not even believe the thread name....are you serious!! That is absolutely disgusting these people shouldnt be allowed to have children

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I dont think its cute .. I do remember as an older child having a sip of mum's wine (and hating it .. blergh) .. but I dont let my 4-6 year olds have any.

I have no issues with my boys smelling the drinks i have (mostly because they dont smell nice to a child most of the time .. ) but they KNOW that coffee and alcohol (and coke etc) are for grown ups .. and that the legal age for alcohol is 18 ...

I dont see the cuteness of giving your child something that isn't good for your body - especially while your body is still growing. ..

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veve For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (05-09-2012),Lillynix  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes deadset serious.... The one yr old took a sip of a cruiser and they were laughing saying how cute she was... We said something and their like ita ok she does it all the time its only a sip.... W T F! But i know other people who do it as well not frequently but still...what the hell people

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, I dont think its cute. I think its awful.

We were at a party when DD1 was 6 months and another couple were there with a baby who was 9 months old. The 9 month old spent ages sucking on her dad's empty beer bottle. I was absolutely horrified! I said to my DH at the time, "if you ever let our kids do that I will absolutely go off my head". I dont care that it was an empty beer bottle or that she was teething, I thought it was terrible.

(BTW: waiting patiently to get the "meh, we did this all the time" comments).
    Last edited by GirlsRock; 05-09-2012 at 20:12.

Thanks
    Reviews

Cute? No

Child abuse? Yes

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No i think its really irresponsible and I cringe when I see it also. I do know people who do this and I would flip if I ever saw anyone try it with my kids.

I HATE seeing those posed photos people do with their kids holding a drink, I think it looks horrible and definitely NOT cute!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope don't think it's funny at all. I've known people to put water in a beer can so the child thought it was drinking beer but I wouldn't even like to do that, just sets the wrong message IMO.