+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default **spin off** Do you think its cute when toddlers drink alcohol...

I've seen more then one person on separate occasions give their 2 yr old the empty beer bottle to drink the foam in the bottom. Never ever seen someone give their child a udl or Lolly water to drink though, dd once picked up a visitors glass of wine and tried to drink it, thankfully she tipped all I over herself and barely got any in her mouth, had to shower her because she stank so bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I don't know why anyone would give their 6 year old a sip of alcohol to 'turn them off' the taste.

How about you just try saying no? Chances are your kid will be a typical Aussie and start drinking at 16 regardless of what you do now.

Might as well save their brain from alcohol while you can... As well as teach them respect for boundaries.

Letting such a young child do
    Something prohibited in the hope it will turn them off said prohibited activity... Is bleeped Logic IMO.
    - why not give them a pack of ciggies and a rudey mag while you're at it!

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    It might seem harsh but so is lumping me and anyone else who gives a tiny sip as a deterrent in with those that routinely gives bottles upon bottles of alcohol to toddlers. Of course in reality I don't believe that people are bad parents if their kid accidentally drink s from a can unless it occurs all the time. In some cases it really does work as deterrent. I would rather try to pre empt it from happening at all.

If kids are curious they will find a way of trying it behind your back when I would rather let her have a bad taste and hate it rather than her try butterscotch schnapps without me seeing and want more.

It is no way the same as letting her drink alcohol like water. And I find it very harsh to be lumped in the same group as those that do. Kind of like being accused of not looking after your kids simply because weren't watching for 5 minutes and they did something they should not have.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub
    I defiantly do not put you in the same boat as parents who openly let their children drink alcohol.

I completely understand what you were trying to achieve by giving your LO a sip.

Also this is why I asked how old your LO was, because I also believe giving a 16 yo a sip or beer/wine as a deterrent is VERY different to giving a 3 yo a sip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No I don't think it's cute,it's totally inappropriate ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesushi View Post
    What if he liked it?
    I'd be stuffed! It'd be pretty unusual that a 2 yr old would like red wine though so was willing to take thd risk. I'd never dream of giving him a sip of a cruiser in the hope it'd stop him asking.

To the PP (which coincidentally also stands for perfect parent) who 'suggested' I just say no, yep, I had said no about 30 times, and would've loved if that had worked, I was juggling eating dinner, listening to a 7 & 9 yr old alternate between demanding attention while they give me a run down on what happened at school and fighting each other, newborn twins taking turns crying, and said two yr old diving for the wine glass at every opportunity he had. Giving him a sip knowing he'd hate it was taking the easy option, but it worked. Crucify away, I don't really give a flying fukc to be honest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: **spin off** Do you think its cute when toddlers drink alcohol...

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    - why not give them a pack of ciggies and a rudey mag while you're at it!
    Fantastic idea actually.
    I might go down the the local shopping centre tomorrow, chain her to the door to passive chain smoke while watching where did I come from on her portable DVD player. Smoking and gratuitous s3x scenes.

There are always going to be people judging.

ETA. I don't even need to chain her.I think just walking into the shops would suffice.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    I'd be stuffed! It'd be pretty unusual that a 2 yr old would like red wine though so was willing to take thd risk. I'd never dream of giving him a sip of a cruiser in the hope it'd stop him asking.

To the PP (which coincidentally also stands for perfect parent) who 'suggested' I just say no, yep, I had said no about 30 times, and would've loved if that had worked, I was juggling eating dinner, listening to a 7 & 9 yr old alternate between demanding attention while they give me a run down on what happened at school and fighting each other, newborn twins taking turns crying, and said two yr old diving for the wine glass at every opportunity he had. Giving him a sip knowing he'd hate it was taking the easy option, but it worked. Crucify away, I don't really give a flying fukc to be honest
    I'm sorry you had a rough time and there was no one there to help you but I still don't think letting a 2 year old sip wine is the answer I'd choose. If its too hard to say no, set up distractions etc (understandable in your case) perhaps putting the glass away until bedtime would have been another healthier option.

Oh well if you can feed that many kids at once and stay sane hats off to you.!
    Last edited by VicPark; 07-09-2012 at 08:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, but like many things I thought were inappropriate and abnormal are actually ok and I am the one who is in the minority.

I witnessed this many many times as a child and now.