+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: **spin off** Do you think its cute when toddlers drink alcohol...

Umm no, it's not 'cute', It's also fricking illegal. Some people obviously we're dropped on their heads at some point!

When Ds2 was about 2 I came home to find exdp and his mate having a few impromptu drinks (Ds and exdp we're alone when I left) one look at Ds and I asked what's wrong with him, I was then sheepishly told exdps friend had left his almost full jack Daniels can on the coffee table...Ds had gotten hold of it and drunk more than half by the time they got it off him.....I was LIVID! Kicked the mate out (he'd been previously warned about leaving any sort of drink in Ds's reach) tore strips off exdp and started pumping water into my poor little boy. He couldn't walk straight and ended up throwing up all over me before sleeping for a few hours! Exdp and I split up less than 2 weeks later......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by pinkplease3 View Post
    Umm no, it's not 'cute', It's also fricking illegal. Some people obviously we're dropped on their heads at some point!

When Ds2 was about 2 I came home to find exdp and his mate having a few impromptu drinks (Ds and exdp we're alone when I left) one look at Ds and I asked what's wrong with him, I was then sheepishly told exdps friend had left his almost full jack Daniels can on the coffee table...Ds had gotten hold of it and drunk more than half by the time they got it off him.....I was LIVID! Kicked the mate out (he'd been previously warned about leaving any sort of drink in Ds's reach) tore strips off exdp and started pumping water into my poor little boy. He couldn't walk straight and ended up throwing up all over me before sleeping for a few hours! Exdp and I split up less than 2 weeks later......
    Oh my God I am so sorry that happened to your little boy
    Far out!
    Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default **spin off** Do you think its cute when toddlers drink alcohol...

Quote Originally Posted by pinkplease3 View Post

Jeez! That's terrible! I'm sorry that happened!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

I am simply comparing the alcohol content. I am not in any way saying that if you give kids bonjella that you can also give them alcohol. I am saying in the instance I am talking about there would have been less alcohol in the half teaspoon. Dd1 was 6 at the time. It is not the same as handing her half a cruiser or udl because it is cute or funny. It is also not a recurring thing. It was a once off and I knew exactly what the outcome would be. I was not acting in an irresponsible manner. she was curious, and I do know people that think giving young kids alcohol is funny.this way I know she won't take any from them if I happen to turn my back.

On the other hand I know so many respectable people that would give a tube of bonjella a day to every second day to babies because it calms them while also dosing them up with panadol all day. They stopped doing that after I have told them to read the instructions and ingredient lists.

And no I would not ever dip dd2's dummy in alcohol either.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default **spin off** Do you think its cute when toddlers drink alcohol...

Giving any sort of alcohol, in any way, shape or form is wrong and illegal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

No I don't think it's cute and I will not be giving him any.

I don't even let him have straight juice!! He gets it watered down. Cordial, softdrink, coffee, alcohol are all adult drinks to him and he knows I will always say not until he is older.

We did have an incident where DP was being lazy and left half a can of v on the table when he went to bed, in the morning after I went to the bathroom I heard my brother say "are you allowed to be up there?" (To ds who was just over 1 at the time) I came around the corner and saw him covered in v with my brother holding the can of v he had just taken off him. Took it straight away and after cleaning him up called the poison hotline.. Was not happy and DP learnt a lesson in not being a slob!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OM View Post
    We all think it absurd and wrong, but some places in Europe it's their culture to give sips of alcohol to babies and toddlers.

there are also cultures in which men are allowed to have 9 wifes, cultures where they are allowed to beat and rape the women, cultures where murder for religious reasons is ok and countries where children die of starvatons it doesnt make it right just because some where else its is seen as ok

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (09-09-2012),fairyflossfairy  (09-09-2012),pinkplease3  (06-09-2012),zombiekitty  (06-09-2012)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I am simply comparing the alcohol content. I am not in any way saying that if you give kids bonjella that you can also give them alcohol. I am saying in the instance I am talking about there would have been less alcohol in the half teaspoon. Dd1 was 6 at the time. It is not the same as handing her half a cruiser or udl because it is cute or funny. It is also not a recurring thing. It was a once off and I knew exactly what the outcome would be. I was not acting in an irresponsible manner. she was curious, and I do know people that think giving young kids alcohol is funny.this way I know she won't take any from them if I happen to turn my back.

On the other hand I know so many respectable people that would give a tube of bonjella a day to every second day to babies because it calms them while also dosing them up with panadol all day. They stopped doing that after I have told them to read the instructions and ingredient lists.

And no I would not ever dip dd2's dummy in alcohol either.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub

but the amount doesnt matter its still wrong, Thats liek saying oh its ok for my child to take smack he only had 1mg thats equivalant to what they give them of morphine in hospital after surgery.

It is ilegal and stupid to give your child alcohol or any other rectreational drug

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    While reading this tread, and agreeing with everyone that it is stupid and totally wrong to give children alcohol, I can remember my childhood, and it was really quite the regular thing for me to see drunken adults giving children sips of beer. I know I had many alcoholic uncles and aunts, and even my father was a heavy drinker at times, so perhaps their reasoning was impaired. I suppose they knew less than we do today, and when you know better, you do better. I would be horrified if I saw anyone trying to give my grandbabies alcohol. I would be furious beyond control. Marie.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (09-09-2012),twotrunks  (06-09-2012)

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In the early 80's my DH and his brothers would be put through this 'ritual' by their father. It involved holding the young child tipping them back and pooring beer down their throats by force. It was called 'drenching.' It happened at social occasions like BBQ's etc. He was often allowed half a can of beer as a child. I aliken it to child abuse. I'm not sure if this was a wide spread practice, or not.