+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Has he always been this inconsiderate OP? I ask because some men find having a baby around a little overwhelming. They think you have everything under control so don't ask if you need help.

My own DH was like that. He didn't disappear for hours, but he didn't help either until we had a big chat about it when I broke down and told him I was disappointed he didn't want anything to do with the baby. Turns out he was scared of him! He had no experience with babies and thought I knew what I was doing.

After that, he started to get involved. He didn't do things "my way" but I let him figure out his own way.

Maybe your BF is the same?
    Hey Californication, before this last couple of weeks he has been pretty good, but now he seems to just get irritated by our boy crying. He even tries to insist that i leave him to cry for a while before picking him up but i cant do that he is just a little baby, and he doesn't know how to comfort himself. I don't know i think i'l take every ones advice and talk to him tonight about it. I'm not looking forward to it though.

Thankyou to every one for the support it really means a lot to just have somebody hear how im feeling and acknowledge it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default im sitting here at home alone with my baby boy again .........

Good Luck talking to him x a new baby is a big adjustment for everyone BUT you need support!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

OP - how did your chat go? You really need his help and support at the moment so I hope he's going to step up. Do you have any family around to help so you can get some rest?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy30 View Post
    It's so hard to have a new bubba. I think you need to have a chat with your partner about how you feel. Sometimes guys just need some hints and tips, maybe he doesn't realise how you feel?
    I hope things get better for you. Thinking of you x
    This

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Having a giggle, love the women here, hand the bub to him and toddle off to have a beer with the neighbor yes! I dont think anybody knows how hard and grueling it is to take care of a newborn unless you are actually doing it, he needs to be doing more, hugs op !