+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default im sitting here at home alone with my baby boy again .........

just a vent cos i dont want people who know me knowing this is how my relationship actually is. My boyfriend will come home from work about four-ish , grab a beer or crack open a bottle of wine, say a quick hello and then he's outside, stuffing around with the neighbours, till late. His dinner is sitting cold on the bench again, im starting to wonder what the point is of making him a plate up at all. It wasn't always like this, the last couple of weeks its been getting progressively worse, and he has stopped getting up at night to help me with our 6 week old boy.
    I'm tired, and sore. I had a ceaser which is still aching, i've got hemorrhoids which bleed and leave me in agony for hours every morning after i have been to the toilet, and my back is on the verge of giving out because my little boy just wants to be held all the time and i dont have it in me to not pick him up and walk him when it is so obviously what he wants. i just want some support, i dont want to have to send him a text msg to please come home and hold your crying son so i can have a shower or finish making tea. I shouldn't have to. Am i asking too much?
    I know he needs his time to relax as well but why the need all of sudden to be constantly leaving us to fend for ourselves. I feel abandonded by him. And i dont know how to bring this up with him without sounding like a selfish nag. Maybe it will sort itself out? Thanks for putting up with my rant, sorry i went on and on.........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: im sitting here at home alone with my baby boy again .........

Aw hugs!
    Send him a text message to come home. You need time out too even if it is just for a shower!
    You need to talk to him about it, he may not even realise how its affecting you or may not know how to help you with your baby.

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Hugs
    Mine went like that too only he was dedicated to games, we broke up for 12 months, we are back together but he is getting bad again now, chucking tantrums again if he doesn't get to game with his mates (3 x a fortnight) and spend every night gaming on his PC with them.

Next time I walk it'll be for good so I am trying really hard to get him to change.

Sent from my T-Hub2 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Hugs. I think many men don't realize how hard it is having a newborn.

Thanks
    Reviews

It's so hard to have a new bubba. I think you need to have a chat with your partner about how you feel. Sometimes guys just need some hints and tips, maybe he doesn't realise how you feel?
    I hope things get better for you. Thinking of you x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Poppy30 For This Useful Post:

loumia  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Massive hugs! This really sucks for you.
    Send him a text now and tell him to get his *** home to help you. It won't get better on it's own by the sounds of things. I think you need to demand some help and respect, it is still so early on, so now is the time to put your foot down and set a few things straight.
    You need to let him know that him doing this is impacting on your health, your relationship and your little baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Next time he leaves the house, lock the door behind him.
    Some guys just doon't get it and actually need a big shock to the system to realise they're acting like ridiculous brats.
    Or go with him(I know it'll be difficult with the haemoirroids and back pain), hand him bub, toddle home and crawl into a shower for as long as you want.

Thanks
    Reviews

Please tell him how you feel. He goes to work all day but you also work all day AND night. You deserve a break as much as he does, if not more. Try to leave bubba with him sometimes to have a bath or even do the same thing, grab a beer and go to the neighbour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    stop making his dinner or taking him into consideration at all...no washing, no food, no nothing.

Take care of you and your little one

He is a fool and you deserve better, but, you do need to insist upon it. You need to have an agreement...from when he gets home, he takes over with bubs for at least long enough for you to have a shower and some dinner. Weekends, he does 50/50.

Hugs, newborns are hard and after a c section, it is even harder. Hang in there, just take care of the 2 of you for now.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (05-09-2012),mad house mumma  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Has he always been this inconsiderate OP? I ask because some men find having a baby around a little overwhelming. They think you have everything under control so don't ask if you need help.

My own DH was like that. He didn't disappear for hours, but he didn't help either until we had a big chat about it when I broke down and told him I was disappointed he didn't want anything to do with the baby. Turns out he was scared of him! He had no experience with babies and thought I knew what I was doing.

After that, he started to get involved. He didn't do things "my way" but I let him figure out his own way.

Maybe your BF is the same?