+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Perth royal show

Just out of curiousity, do you take your kids to the perth royal show?

Im just looking through the website and the costs are INCREDIBLE!!!

For a family to go its over $60 just to get in. Rides are crazy expensive this year...i saw one for TWENTY dollars... for a RIDE!!! Plus showbags, food etc. You couldnt do it for less than $300. To me thats just rediculous for one day...if that.

So, do you take/let you kids go? Do you/they have a budget?

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Perth royal show

I was going to take my girls this year but decided no as I just can not afford it
    I hope to save and take them next year

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 3 and would love it.

But I know I am going to end up balking at the expense and not go. Not to mention that I always find events like this exhausting rather than fun. Trying to get parking, battling the crowds, waiting for the toilets, etc.

I'd rather go have a fun day at Rotto for that money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    DS is 3 and would love it.

But I know I am going to end up balking at the expense and not go. Not to mention that I always find events like this exhausting rather than fun. Trying to get parking, battling the crowds, waiting for the toilets, etc.

I'd rather go have a fun day at Rotto for that money.
    Yeah my DD would have a ball but im with you...so much craziness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We're going to go. I get cheap entry tickets through work. DD is only 3, so she gets a massive kick out of all the free activities, animals, demonstrations etc so we save big time there.

We're planning on going out for lunch before hand and taking drinks, snacks to save on money while there. We'll let DD go on any rides she wants, but I don't know if she'll be overly fussed. We'll let her chose a showbag too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Perth royal show

We always go as dh looooves the show. Dd loves the animals and free things as well. Plus this and last year I've been pregnant and I'm the only one who likes rides so save money again, but I agree prices are crazy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went last year, and only won't be going this year as we will be away.

I think the entry costs are reasonable given how much is free, and you don't have to spend any more - it's all your choice. You can take lunch and drinks and for a day's entertainment it's better than the movies and popcorn which only lasts 2 hours.

You can limit things - like saying one showbag, one ride ... most of the food and things for sale are crap anyway. Rides are expensive I admit, but if you do all of the free stuff the kids will be knackered anyway. Try getting the 2 for 1 coupons in the paper?

The yellow brick road bag is good value and healthy, with a map of things to discover around the grounds, and there are heaps of samples to try. Try to explain to the kids that it's mostly about agriculture, not flashing lights and whizzy rides and plan things that they'd like to see - like rabbits, puppy judging, motorcross, flying pigs, musical groups etc.

When we were kids we could only go every second year due to the costs, and we understood that perfectly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont go off family tickets, all kids under 12 are free. Theres alot lots of free things there too if you plan your days

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yer we go every year DD loves it we spend a heap of money on toy show bags and games and bubbles and silly things we dont need its fabulous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Perth royal show

Aw, I wanna go!!! Wonder of I can convince DF, or better yet, leave him with the kids and I can go with friends!