+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not condoning the behaviour of the boy at all, and feel very sorry for your DD. However, I am going to disagree with some of the above posters about the child deserving expulsion and that 8 is old enough to know better.

I just want to say a normal average 8 year old boy does not usually expose himself and wipe his genitals across someones back. I'd say this boy has alot of issues that need to be sorted.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OM For This Useful Post:

babyla  (05-09-2012),MsTruth  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bullying.....again.

Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    What a horrible thing for your DD to have to deal with.

In regards to the school it sounds like this child has some ongoing issues. Don't under estimate what they may be doing behind the scenes - if a child was doing this there will be more going on than missing play time. Likely there will be a parent meeting and possibly follow ups with psych or wellbeing co-ordinators.

Sometimes schools for privacy issues can only discuss things directly related to the incident with your DD.

I would be making an appointment to see the deputy prin - and in that meeting citing all the things this child has done to your DD, that it's not an isolated incident and some assurances from them regarding her emotional and physical wellbeing. I would be making the appointment before school tomorrow. As a deputy prin myself I would have no problems setting up a meeting with you before your DD went into class to discuss this issue further.
    I agree. It sounds like this boy has some stuff going on at home. He may not realise that his behaviour is really wrong if he sees I receives similar at home. An 8 year old doesn't do these things if he comes from a good home, unless there are some medical concerns. The school cannot go into details but they will surely be doing everything they can to support this child.

I hope your daughter is not too traumatized. It is a terrible situation. I would ask for counseling if you are worried about her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can see that there are new replies but can not see them (new posts). So I will be back later hopefully it will have sorted itself out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id probably take my child out of that school to be honest, i definitely do not think they are doing enough at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OM View Post
    I'm not condoning the behaviour of the boy at all, and feel very sorry for your DD. However, I am going to disagree with some of the above posters about the child deserving expulsion and that 8 is old enough to know better.

I just want to say a normal average 8 year old boy does not usually expose himself and wipe his genitals across someones back. I'd say this boy has alot of issues that need to be sorted.
    Agreed. He is still a child, he is 8 years old. He needs to be helped not condemned. A child cannot possibly learn to modify his behaviour through punitive measures only. Seeking to understand is also important.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does sound like the school is taking it very seriously. A week excluded from the playground is a big deal at age 8. They are talking with you and are speaking with his parents.

What do you expect them to do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    Um not a week off the playground just the rest of this week. I expect to be able to send my child to school and her not be assaulted by a fellow child. What happens next week when he is back in the playground? It has been escalating all year. Their teacher was right there so it does not worry him if the teacher is in the vicinity.

I expect that they report this to DOCS, if it has not already been reported. I will ask about this when I meet with the school.
    They won't tell you either way if a report has been made to DOCS. It would be a breach of privacy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    we had a boy do this to my child a few times.
    Under child protection rights, you have a fair bit of clout.

we asked that this child be supervised at all times when around my child...

this was too expensive for the school, so the parents had to cough up money.. or send him to another school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Bullying.....again.

Wow that's awful

I hope your dd is okay.

I also hope they are following this up with docs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    They won't tell you either way if a report has been made to DOCS. It would be a breach of privacy.
    Good point.