+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Bullying.....again.

Hi
    Last edited by PomPoms; 04-12-2012 at 14:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh your poor dd! I don't think a week off playground is enough. nowhere near enough. at 8 he should know what he is doing is wrong. kids are pretty intelligent these days. are the school involving his parents?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd be requesting the school organise for your DD to speak to a counsellor regarding the bullying.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OM For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (05-09-2012),PomPoms  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Omg that's awful!!! And that's NOWHERE near enough! He should be suspended at the least! The punishment certainly doesn't fit the crime....an 8 yr old knows much better than that. If the school isn't will to do more about this escalate it to the board of education.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sasssssy For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

It's good that they called you and let you know (though they probably realised she would tell you and it's better coming from them first).

I can't believe at 8 he is doing something so revolting. I would be mortified if that were my daughter. He definitely needs some serious consequences for his actions and the school distancing them is a step in the right direction along with disciplining him. I don't know what else the school could do though?

Wonder what his parents thought... They no doubt got a phone call too

9. The Following User Says Thank You to squirrelex For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What a horrible thing for your DD to have to deal with.

In regards to the school it sounds like this child has some ongoing issues. Don't under estimate what they may be doing behind the scenes - if a child was doing this there will be more going on than missing play time. Likely there will be a parent meeting and possibly follow ups with psych or wellbeing co-ordinators.

Sometimes schools for privacy issues can only discuss things directly related to the incident with your DD.

I would be making an appointment to see the deputy prin - and in that meeting citing all the things this child has done to your DD, that it's not an isolated incident and some assurances from them regarding her emotional and physical wellbeing. I would be making the appointment before school tomorrow. As a deputy prin myself I would have no problems setting up a meeting with you before your DD went into class to discuss this issue further.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelex View Post
    Wonder what his parents thought... They no doubt got a phone call too
    I reckon they wouldn't have been surprised, to be honest. AND I reckon they'd know where/how he picked up this sort of behaviour... I know I'm being totally judgemental here, but I wouldn't expect a child like that to have the best role models for parents...

I'd DEFINITELY be following this up with the school. I agree with PPs - an 8yo knows this is out of line.
    Last edited by SeaShanty; 05-09-2012 at 16:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    In regards to the school it sounds like this child has some ongoing issues. Don't under estimate what they may be doing behind the scenes - if a child was doing this there will be more going on than missing play time. Likely there will be a parent meeting and possibly follow ups with psych or wellbeing co-ordinators.
    This. It sounds like he has serious issues. When I was on my teaching prac there was a troubled child in my class who did similar things, particularly the indecent exposure. From the information that I was permitted, his home life was far from good.

I'm not making excuses for what this boy has done at all, just saying that there are two sides to the coin. I hope your DD is okay.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

babyla  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no, your poor DD and you!

You're well within your rights to report him to the police if you aren't happy with the way the school has handled it. Personally, to me, that's an incident that should result in expulsion. At 8 years old a child should know that is not appropriate behaviour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have a meeting with the school to see what more they can do.

I cannot help but be concerned for the boy also; a child does not act out in these ways unless something is wrong or something bad is going on at home which he also needs support for (this is not your responsibility OP but something that I hope the school will address with the child and others)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

babyla  (05-09-2012)