+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Montessori schools on Gold Coast

Hi .. my wife and I are thinking of sending our 3yo to a Montessori school on the Gold Coast and would really like to hear from others experiences with any of them, or with Montessori in general.

Seems there are three main ones;

1. Gold Coast Montessori - Mudgeeraba / Bonogin
    2. Friday’s Child Montessori Preschool - Highland Park
    3. Montessori Early Learning Centre - Hope Island

Also I have been told that SmarterKids and C&K also follow *some* Montessori methods, but are not certified, but I maybe wrong.

Does anyone have experiences with any of these, good and bad?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Montessori schools on Gold Coast

My nephew went from "kool kids" to a Montessori Day care in carrara and my sister said he absolutely thrived with the change. They were worried to begin with because he seemed happy at kool kids and took a long time to settle there and thought it would take a long time for him to settle to a new place but he loved it! I don't know the name of it though, just that it is a montessori school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Modern Montessori is a bit different to the old school stuff Maria started out with. Yes kids do learn at their own pace, but once they grasp a concept new more challenging ones are presented.
    Every child is an individual and needs to be treated that way. The "slower" ones need more individual attention, but the premise is they learn at their own pace, and you can't compare child A's development with that of Child B even though they are the same age. And it isn't just the academic stuff - life skills and self confidence are core.
    www.fridayschildmontessori.com wouldn't have a Qld Govt Kindergarten accreditation and employ a four year trained teacher if Montessori was BS ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know the kindy teacher at Hope Island. I've worked with her (not at a Montessori centre) and she's amazing with kids and educating them!

ETA: just realised this was an old thread
    Last edited by Lauzy83; 24-05-2013 at 10:44.