+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kids safe at school - what a joke!!

extremely mad and beyond upset!!

What so your childrens schools do about physical bullying?

Are they tough enough on the bully?

Im fed up with my dd schools approach to physical bullying and the steps they take to ensure my childs safety.

What do you do when your yr1 child is constantly physically hurt by a much older child, when the school lets you down??

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

You rip the principal a new one and then go to the board of education.

Have you spoken to the school about it already? What steps have they said they were taking? What sort of physical injury are we talking about?

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

backgroundnoise  (05-09-2012),Bonkers  (05-09-2012),delirium  (05-09-2012),mad house mumma  (05-09-2012),Nmgb  (05-09-2012),River Song  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I guess you really have 2 options keep your child at the school and keep at the school to do something about it don't just let it slide. Or alternately a change of school perhaps?

For physical bullying etc it's a 3 strike warning at our school.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    If the school cannot prove to you that they are taking steps to deal with the Bully (counselor, psych, removal from extra-curricular activities to curb behaviour, being kept off yard etc) then definitely write a letter to the board of education.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you have had repeated discussions about this I would pull my child from that school and I would write a letter to both the school and the board of education.

Thanks
    Reviews

Not sure how much i should say on here but..
    Yes the school is well aware of the physical bullying and also have informed them that the girl verbally bullies my dd and my toddler from her backyard.

So far all im told is they will deal with it and then they have dealt with it.
    But wont tell me what actions have been taken.

And again today im waiting for an appointment and a response as to what will be done after this mornings attack on my dd and my toddler.

While they both went to the toilet while i locked up my dd bike and upacked her bag, this girl kicked my dd high up on her thigh just under her hip leaving a very mark, pushed her and then hit/pushed my toddler in her stomach leaving a mark.

Teachers/mums/kids saw it which is more proof that this child randomly attacks my kids and my kids arent doing anything to the bully. And informed me that when she approached my dd, my dd said please go away and tried to walk away.

The last time my dd was on her way back to class from lunch with her buddy and the child came up behind them and punched her from behind and pushed her over (many kids were witness to it)

And then theres the other incidents before these.

My daughter is very tiny for her age and has never had a problem before this child. I know how this all started and so far it seems theres no end in sight.

My dd is so upset and wants to move and does not want to attend school.
    Shes 6 and my toddler, they cant defend themselves.

They cant escape her even when at home.

I feel helpless, like my one job is to keep her safe yet im powerless.

Sorry if this is so jumbled, so upset and emotional

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and i visited the police station this morning for advice on the bullying at home. And my concerns if her parents arent nice (if the school involves them). Some parents round here arent the nicest so im concerned how they will react.

Hoping they are the type to just deal with it and work to get in umdercontrol

They just gave me one of their numbers to ring if anything goes on and a job will be logged and a crew sent out.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'd be demanding to know what action they've taken to 'deal with' the bully. That's just not good enough.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bubbygirl

I would pull my child from that school. The school clearly has no clue in how to stop this otherwise it wouldn't still be happening.

At least if you changed schools she wouldn't be being physically bullied by this kid at school. At home is a different matter. Not sure how you would combat that one.

I'm truly gobsmacked that this school don't seem to be doing anything about this child.

Thanks
    Reviews

😲😡 that's shocking! Where are this bully's parents?!? If it was at school I would pull her out, I was bullied (verbally only) and it was terrible it affected me for years and only got better when we moved and I went to a new school. But it sounds like this is also your neighbor ... Call a tv show like current affair they're always keen on a segment on bullying they'll shame this bully and her parents!!
    I would also enroll your little ones in karate or taekwondo or similar to give them a self confidence boost and some techniques on how to defend herself.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (05-09-2012)