+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kia Grand Carnival... Advice on cars please!!!!!!!

hi i am just after some advice on cars. Im expecting twins and will have 4 in car seats (3 yr old 1 year old and twins ) and one in a booster seat (5yr old). Before i found out we were having twins we had just bought a Toyota Landcruiser but we cant use that now with 5 seats. We dont want to get rid of the landcruiser so now we have to buy another car. I dont want to spend to much under $20,000 so was looking at 2007 kia grand carnival. Does anyone have one and used lots of car seats in them?? any advice would be so much appreciated!!!
    Thankyou

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We had a Kia carnival (not a grand though) with 4 seats, (2 forward facing, 1 rear facing & a booster) and it was a bit awkward. Only lasted 2mths before it blew a head gasket anyway and now we are looking at a Volvo xc90. The main issue with the seats is getting the kids into the 3rd row, it's a struggle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a 2009 Kia Carnival, 8 seater, we love it!
    We've got 4 car seats also, we've taken out the seat behind the drivers seat, so there's car seats in the 3rd row with an empty seat inbetween & we've got a booster & a forward facing in the middle row, that way there's a huge void for the kids to climb in and out & for shopping etc.
    If we need to we just stick the other seat back in. We paid $23k for ours & haven't had any hassle with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a 2005 Kia Carnival.

I am happy with it and the only real downside is the lousy turning circle.

The rear three seats are narrow so if you put two carseats in the rear, the middle rear seat is unusable.

I have two carseats in my car - one in the rear, and one in the middle. This still allows the two remaining rear seats to be used. (Since mine is not a grand, it has two captains chairs in the middle instead of a bench of three seats. I expect the Grand would have fullsize seats in the middle.)

I could easily fit four carseats in the rear of my car (and there are four anchor points for carseats), but that would elimante the fifth rear seat.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 06-09-2012 at 13:31.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for the advice. I also have to fit a booster seat. Is it a lot of hassle putting 2 carseats right at the back 2 in the middle plus the booster and removing the booster when getting the other little ones right in the back?