+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Announcements on Facebook

I asked my family and DH family not to put anything on Facebook until we had announced the arrival of our DD. I just didn't want my close friends to find out via Facebook, I wanted to tell them myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone knew I was in hospital being induced so it was no huge secret bub was coming soon, but I hadnt thought about fb till my DH went and used the internet downstairs while I was in recovery after my C/S and put pics and all up of Mollys birth, and half my family found out on fb. I know he wasnt aiming to upset anyone but it did. I hadnt even thought twice about fb never even thinking DH would do that lol

a lady I know deactivated her fb a few weeks before the birth so noone could tag her or say it on her wall till she was ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Yep, hate it. DH and I disabled our FB pages when we went to hospital. Probably the best you can do. It annoys me how thoughtless so many people are - if it's not your news, don't share it!

We were the first to post about DS's arrival, but I think the timing of his birth helped. He was born at 7.30pm, we rang our families at 9pm and then sent out a general text at 10.30am the next day. Announced on FB that afternoon.

I did post some photos of my nephew on my FB page when he was three days old, but I asked my sister and her hubby before I did it.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm worried about this too! If I get induced I'll tell people I'm ding induced a week after what I am so they don't know the exact date! Once bub is here only DHs parents and Sister and My parents, and our best friends will know for several hours! We want them to meet our little man before being bombarded by everyone else! They are under strict instructions to not say anything or post anything! We will do a big group message and then post on FB straight after!!

Next Pregnancy, I'm not going to tell people until like 20 weeks or as late as possible and claim to be 4 weeks less than I am! That way no one will expect the baby to come or I won't get hassled!

Thanks
    Reviews

I made sure I told those who needed to be told thwasn't didn't matter to much, was funny watching to teenage dds not be able to make a status till I gave the ok, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My sister lives overseas and I found out she was pregnant on FB via the SIL writing it all over FB and then when I commented about it she went off her rocker at me and demanded I apologise to her for not joining in the happy moment!

All I can say is some people are just rude (even if they don't realise it themselves).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I trust that mine and hubbies family won't post anything on FB until we choose to announce it ourselves. I'd say we'll tell immediate family and maybe wait an hour or so for oyr mums to phone wjoever they need to tell, then send out a group SMS then put it on FB :-)

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews

no one but immediate family/best friends knew I was in hospital being induced, DD was born early evening, we texted friends at 8pm ish and posted on facebook not long after that. I was lucky though, Dh family aren't fb users and my sister and mum were with me when I posted. not that they'd post before me anyway