+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Announcements on Facebook

Thank you hugsbunny that's a good point I think I will do both I'm sure everyone would understand

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Nope. I understand That they're excited but surely they can keep quiet long enough for you to to update with the news? We've started telling people 'Don't share it on facebook until you've seen us do it. You got the news via phone call/text why take that away from someone else?'

DF contacted MIL when my father died to let her know. Within minutes she'd posted a condolence on my wall. At that point Mum hadn't even been told! (She was out of town & we were arranging for someone to bring her home)

Thanks
    Reviews

All of our friends and family were told
    Not to put anything on Facebook until after we did as we felt not only was it our news to announce but we also wanted to make sure all of our family were told by us and not find out on Facebook.

I have to laugh at the girls that "check in" at the birthing suite or announce "my waters just broke" etc on Facebook. I don't get it

Thanks
    Reviews

Chickybee that's horrible I don't think some people think about that someone might not know yet before they post on Facebook. I hate finding things out on Facebook I'd rather be told first hand.

Thanks
    Reviews

I posted a status a few weeks before due asking everyone to respect that we wanted to put it on Facebook ourselves so could they all hold off until we could. Although worded much nicer than that obviously. We didn't have anyone post anything.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug View Post
    All of our friends and family were told
    Not to put anything on Facebook until after we did as we felt not only was it our news to announce but we also wanted to make sure all of our family were told by us and not find out on Facebook.

I have to laugh at the girls that "check in" at the birthing suite or announce "my waters just broke" etc on Facebook. I don't get it
    Checking in the birthing suite? I didn't even have time or felt like checking my Facebook lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessK88 View Post
    Chickybee that's horrible I don't think some people think about that someone might not know yet before they post on Facebook. I hate finding things out on Facebook I'd rather be told first hand.
    I don't think I'd ever been so quick on the delete button in my life! I was just relieved the notice came up on my phone & I could get to it quickly. I'd hate to think what could have happen & I still don't know if anyone saw it.

I think you're right, it just doesn't occur to some people. If I'm not being directly notified I'd rather see an announcement than a few wall posts - otherwise I'm trying to figure out what's going on or if I should say something.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Announcements on Facebook

I definitely not rude to ask! Most people will understand . I msgd absolutely everyone close to me via group text and then posted on FB for the rest.. It doesn't stop people posting on their own FBs but at least it won't reach everyone on your page

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Announcements on Facebook

Ask away and if they are truly your friends/close family, they'll respect that (I believe). I think it is the same for announcing your pregnancy, we asked for people to say nothing and they respected that. It's your right.

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510b using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wigglemay For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Most definitely!
    I was devastated that family had posted photos before I even got to meet my twins (had to have c/s under GA).

So this time we'll be taking a photo and sending out a group txt to family with details saying we'll call soon and then uploading straight to FB ourselves!