+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Announcements on Facebook

Is any one else funny about family and friends posting about your new arrival before you have? I know it's all purely to say congratulations but I want to be the first to announce it :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessK88 View Post
    Is any one else funny about family and friends posting about your new arrival before you have? I know it's all purely to say congratulations but I want to be the first to announce it :/
    Yep! I had a friend post a congrats before I'd even had time to roll over... Unfortunately I didn't see it (wasn't expecting anyone to do it) until I went to post an announcement several hours later... Quite upset me at the time, guess I should have put a proviso on phone calls/texts "please don't put anything on Facebook until we've had a chance to"

Just my thoughts

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Announcements on Facebook

Not really, it's nice people get excited. Having said that, we don't tell people unless we want the whole world to know and family know not to post on fb our news anyway

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

It drives me batty! I can't stand it!

Thanks
    Reviews

It's bad Facebook etiquette if you ask me. One of DH's cousins who I barely even know posted a message on my wall before I'd had a chance to properly announce it. Fortunately my MIL saw it and told her to delete it.

Thanks
    Reviews

My sil told all of us, as well and her dh's family to not say anything at all on fb until they had a chance to. Dh's step mother posted the arrival of her grandchild and that's how I found out my niece was born!!! (I knew she was in labour but I didn't know if bub had been born yet or not) so I got ****ed off for my sil. So rude. Especially if they've been asked not to post.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Announcements on Facebook

I deactivated my Facebook wall/tags at 37 weeks so no one was able to post on my wall. I'd hate for someone to do that!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by PorkyPies View Post
    I deactivated my Facebook wall/tags at 37 weeks so no one was able to post on my wall. I'd hate for someone to do that!

I think I might just do that! That's a great idea. I was going to say to everyone that we choose to tell before we announced it not to put it on fb but I was thinking is that rude of me? With my first everyone knew before I even got a chance to tell my close family! I'm glad I'm not the only one it annoys. I feel horrible posting congratulations to people who haven't even said it on fb themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews

It's not that I don't want people to know I just think its nice to be able to announce it

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by PorkyPies View Post

This won't stop people putting it as their own status though will it? OP I would be telling people not to put it on Facebook as well as deactivating your wall like porky pies suggested. I don't think it's rude to ask people not to post about it until you have.