+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Children's artwork

What do you do with it all? My kids bring home copious amounts of it from daycare, they only go two days a week but have been in care for a couple of years so at the moment I have a whole kitchen draw full of folders and scrapbooks full of it all. I'm doing a major declutter at the moment but can't bring myself to chuck any of it! Do you keep it, keep some or chuck? Anyone have any ideas on how to display it in a cool way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well i don't have this problem my kids don't go to daycare and we usually don't get a chance to do it at home, but i've heard of people taking a photo of each bit of artwork and displaying the photo in a scrapbook instead of the actual artwork. and they you could use the pictures as wrapping paper

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Children's artwork

i keep the good ones not every scrap of paper with scribble but the priper paintings etc in a box under dd bed with her group photos, cards etc. i plan on putting it into a big tub as she gets more and keeping it for her. My parents kept mine until i finished school then i think i told them to chuck lol but they kept my school reports etc as well which i still get a kick out of reading every few yrs

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I was wondering this too actually. I can't bring myself to chuck them either. I like the wrapping paper idea.

Thanks
    Reviews

I keep good ones. Give them out to family etc. Also turn them into birthday cards for the relos etc.
    My dds preschool puts some in a portfolio for end of the year.

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Photograph it? I keep some, put some up on the kitchen wall (ok I put a*lot* on the wall) and chuck the rest, esp the ones made of wood/cardboard/icy pole sticks/glitter/wool etc

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have them all on top of the fridge, the pile is huge. I have suggested to DD that we give some to family as gifts but she refuses so i'll probably just keep putting them on the fridge until i can bring myself to chuck them.

Thanks
    Reviews

I keep some on the fridge, special ones in her box, others I cut up into random shapes for gluing and the rest I chuck out.

Thanks
    Reviews

Scan or photograph a few for each month then turn them into a photobook online

Thanks
    Reviews
    I brought a laminater and i laminate then and use them as place mats for meal time.
    The kids LOVE seeing there art work everyday and its a great conversation starter. They're easy to clean and when they get too mucky, you just throw them away and make new ones.

ETA, i also made collages out of all our photos, one of each child, our wedding, our honeymoon and other holidays and did the same.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

roz2288  (05-09-2012)