+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default St George Private Kogarah - questions

Hi all
    My obstetrician is Prof Michael Chapman who runs out of IVF Australia. Because he is based at St George Private i have decided to go there for the birth of our first child however i habe a few questions (as most posts ive found about this hospital etc are years old)

What was the care like ie were the midwifes helpful
    Did you attend the breastfeeding classes after birth during your stay. Good bad etc
    Did your hubby stay and how much per night was it
    What are the rooms and food like
    Has anyone had prof michael chapman before

Any other helpful info

X

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Have not used ST George private ( I went to Hurstville) but just wanted to say Dr Chapman is fantastic! He was my best friends Dr ( after a stillborn and 5 miscarriages) she went to St George and loved it but that was 10 years ago, I do know quite a few people that have been there and no complaints! Congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

A friend birthed there recently. The rooms are beautiful. Her hubby didn't stay. The midwives were not fabulous in her experience- a bit abrupt and wouldn't listen to her. That was just her experience though. I'm not sure on cost but it was not cheap! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there,

i went to Hurstville as well but was not very happy so will seek a different hospital next time.

I went to St george private for a day surgery 2 years ago and was really unimpressed with my care so chose not to use them for my pregnancy but maybe maternity is a bit better than other parts???

I had a friend who went there last year and only complaint was some of the staff were a bit unfirendly/unhelpful. I think they rely on casual staff allot.

Although she also said rooms were really comfortable!!! And food was much better than usual hospital food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my baby there 8 weeks ago. No complaints, will reply when bub is asleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IThanks everyone. Appreciate the feedback. Yeh champan is great.. seriously expensive but love him and his crazy jumpers.

Ive had 2 surgeries incl endometriosis removal (so was in maternity area) and it was amazing for that.. so thats why i thought id go there (and no gaps with my insurance)