+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Possible gender disappointment...

We find out the gender tomorrow and i think I might be a bit disappointed if its another girl.

And I feel so horrible and guilty and selfish for saying that.

Especially when my sister had been trying for over 2 years and is finally utd and would be ecstatic just for a healthy bub!

But I have a beautiful dd and I would really love a boy this time. DH says he doesn't care, but I know he would wet his pants with excitement if it was a boy 😉

Argh.....if it is a girl, I hope that any anxious feelings disappear and I can just be happy that I have a beautiful healthy baby on the way. I'm a lot luckier than some

Thanks
    Reviews

What a special bond sisters would have :-)

I was hoping for a girl after having 2 little boys, and I was blessed with one. I think when you see baby healthy, even if it is another girl you will be stoked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heya, I have a DD and I recently found out Im having another little girl. I was quite suprised that I did feel really very disappointed for a couple of weeks there but I have come round to the idea. It wasnt the idea of having a girl, but the fact that we plan to have 2, so it means that we wont ever get to have a boy, ITMS.
    I did feel really guilty and petty about it too because we too have friends who are having trouble ttc and I know they would be really happy with 2 girls. But its a natural reaction and you cant help what you might feel. I feel the expectations of society play a HUGE part as well, a lot of people were like 'oh well another girl' and I know we would have got more enthusiasm had we been having a boy, and likewise friends with 2 boys have had people make silly 'too bad its not a girl comments'. Everywhere you look on tv and so forth they always seem to show a family as having one of each. But out of any amount of 2 kid famililes 50% will be 2 boys or 2 girls.
    So yeah what Im trying to say is you might feel disappointed, but dont beat yourself up if you do, and it wont last. Once you get used to the idea Im sure you will be happy

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm in the exact same position as you, I have a beautiful dd n I'm so desperate for a boy. Find out in 2 weeks. Im convinced that it's another girl n instead of feeling excited I just feel angry. Same thing were only having 2 so I'll never get my lil boy that I've always wanted...

Thanks
    Reviews

When I fell pregnant with my second I was really hoping for a girl. Our first was a boy and we knew we would only have two children.
    I hoped so much for a girl before having my 20 week scan. When I found out I was disappointed (I know that's bad!) but that feeling didn't last long. And now even though my youngest is only 6 months and my eldest 20 months, I can see the special bond they share as brothers and it's wonderful

Thanks
    Reviews

We have two boys. We were disappointed when we found out they were both boys. We wanted one of each, like many people do. Don't be hard on yourself. It's ok to feel disappointed. It will fade. Be careful who you tell. You don't want someone telling your kid, oh your mum really wanted a girl/boy etc.
    We found out at 20weeks to give us time to get over it, and we did. By the time bub was born I was fine with him being another boy, although I'd cried at 20 weeks. They have an amazing bond as brothers and we love them both to bits. I hope you get your boy, but I'm sure you'll be happy in the end, whichever way it goes.
    BTW our son was going to be called Ruby, had he been a girl

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ladies, you've made me feel a bit better about it all.

I think that's what I'm most worried about - never getting the chance to have a boy. DH has said he only wants 2, I said I wanted at least 3. Who knows if I'll ever be able to convince him to have another.

Our boy has even got his name already.....argh. It's such a stressful process!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Good luck with your scan! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Possible gender disappointment...

Good luck today. I felt that at our scan but quickly got over it, I love having 2 girls and now I wonder what I would have done with a boy I have had parents of one boy one girl tell me how lucky I am to have two of the same gender, and yes I am, we arent having anymore and my desire for a boy is no longer there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

earthfairy  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck with your scan today!

Gender disappointment is completely normal. I actually cried when finding out our third and final was another girl, but I mostly cried because I felt guilty for being upset about it. If that makes sense?

I soon got over it after looking at newborn clothes for baby girls