+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How Long to Wait for IVF after Hysteroscopy?

I have done hysteroscopy couple days ago, and my FS advised me that i can start my new ivf cycle straigh away. I told her that my next menstrual period will be in a week, and she said it is fine to start in a week.

I think i need time to recover from the procedure and i still have some light bleeding.

Is there anyone done hysteroscopy before your ivf cycle, how many days you have bleeding for after your hysteroscopy procedure and how long to wait for your next cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Welcome to the IVF roller coaster.

Ate you having full IVF or trying IUI first?

If you are going straight to IVF you will probably start injecting soon to increase your egg production. You will continue to inject through your next period and then your eggs collected when your ovulate by trigger injection. The fertilised embryo is then transferred back into you.

So starting now doesn't mean not getting your next period. It simply means starting the preparations for your next cycle.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to catemer For This Useful Post:

lilyli123888  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Your very fertile after that kind of surgery! I'd go for it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

My FS made me wait a month :-( but also read the scraping of the uterus can improve implantation
    Good Luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone above. Is there anyone have done hysteroscopy and would like to share your experience? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Its because you are more fertile after those procedures. Sometimes the point of doing them is so you can cycle straight away after to increase your chances.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm having a hysteroscopy, lipidol flush and another procedure (scratching the uterine lining) on Monday and will get my period a few days later. I'll be starting straight away for the reasons above. You will have no issue going straight into a stim cycle all the best!

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in this situation - I ended up taking a lot longer than expected to recover from the surgery and my injections started a few weeks later than planned. I was just too sore, still having trouble getting in and out of chairs etc for about 3 weeks. I think I heal more slowly than the average person. Not many others have reported that much drama!

It wasn't an issue for the timing of the IVF; I was on Synarel, so that kept everything "paused". I can't tell you how it affected the cycle though, because my EPU was cancelled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I had a hysteroscopy and polypectomy last year. I recovered quickly but the cycle after that I had 2 weeks of bleeding from about day 20. My FS said it was probably my hormones still reacting to the procedure. So from my experience I would be inclined to wait another month.

Although in saying that implantation rates are apparently higher in the 3 months after the procedure

Good luck and go with your gut feeling