+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default October/ November cycle buddies

Hi girls! Trying to move forward! Does anyone know much about embryogen???

Thanks
    Reviews
    dyso80 and jen80 - so exciting! Will keep everything crossed for you both.

Sorry GStef, I don't know anything about embryogen *goes to Google*

How's everyone else in here today?

AFM - had my first BT and scan this morning. They're calling this afternoon to let me know dosage for Gonal F which I'll start tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just had egg retrieval yesterday. Got 19 eggs out of which 18 were mature and 11 fertilised.

They are being tested for cystic fibrosis on Sunday and whatever survives will be transferred back on Tuesday.
    This is my first full cycle, are there good numbers? I haven't let myself have any bit of hope, too scared

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

KS09 - your numbers sound very promising, hope everything goes well.

To all the other lovely ladies, hope all is well.

AFM - well, I had collection yesterday & I'm feeling quite well physically - a little bit of lower pelvic pressure, but that's about it.

Emotionally - well, that's a different story Last cycle 22 eggs were collected, this cycle I wake up to the no.4 written on my hand - so that's initial disappointment no.1. Whilst I'm in recovery my FS comes & sees me & said that the numbers were much lower than last cycle, but he wanted them to be lower so that I don't over stim like I did last cycle. So I'm hoping that the these 4 are of good quality. Although personally I would like to have got about 15.

That afternoon the embryologist rings to let me know that of the 4, only 3 were mature & were able to be ICSI'd. So there's disappointment no.2.

Today, embryologist rings to say that of the 3, 2 have not fertilised & the only one remaining is very slow responding & they are going to check again tomorrow to see if it's going to happen (I'm thinking not likely). So there's disappointment no.3.

So I think that this cycle is going to be a huge bust for me & a total waste of time & $'s - & as you can expect, going in with high hopes, I'm shattered. Although I'm thinking ahead of it actually being confirmed, guess I best just start preparing for next cycle & see if I can convince my FS to allow me to do back to back cycles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi montesmum

Sorry to hear about your latest cycle, I hope the last embie is a goodie for ya.

Just curious if you last cycle collected 22 eggs - did you get ur BFP?

I'm just not sure if more eggs = more BFPs, I read a study that said 15 was the magic number (perhaps you read it too). My FS also told me most pregnancies actually came from the average quality eggs, I guess their are still a lot of unknowns and each individual is different.

I had approx 22 follies my first cycle but it got cancelled due to the risk of OHSS so i was gutted, especially when i got 6 eggs collected this round.

Good luck hun

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chances For This Useful Post:

montesmum  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got a call from clinic saying that I can't start jabbing tonight, as my oestrogen levels are too high. I have to go for BT on Monday, then FS will be consulted to see where we go from here. She said it looks like I'm about to ovulate - on Day 4 or 5 of AF!!!!

So, this cycle is out for me, and I'll have to wait till next month.

Feel so disappointed and more than a little upset. If this happens every month, IVF won't be an option any more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chances,

For my first cycle (Aug/Sep12) I was on 150 Puregon & 250 Cetrotide, & we got 22 eggs & of that only 1 got to blasto to transfer. Following collection I was on Crinone twice daily & Pregnyl injections at day 3, 6 & 9. After second injection I went into major overstim.

This cycle, I was on 125 Gonal F & 250 Cetrotide. FS changed my meds as he didnot want me to go into overstim again. I didn't think that the change in meds & the minor dosage would make much difference to the number of eggs retrieved - obviously it did. Again, post-collection I have Crinone twice daily & Pregnyl injections at day 3, 6 & 9, but it's not likely that I'll be needing to take any of these.

I guess next cycle he may have to try something different again. I hadn't read anything to say that 15 was an optimal number, it was just a number that I thought would be ideal as at 22 I'd overstim & well, 4's not doing it!!

Looking ahead to cycle no.3. Things have got to get better at some stage.

& lotsa to everyone who's still on the roller coaster ride.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default October/ November cycle buddies

Hi montesmum

Did ur fs recommend any supplements after ur first cycle? 22 eggs and only one blasty sounds more like a egg quality issue.

That being said if only one made it last cycle to blasty u think he would try a 3 day transfer this round?

I dunno I'm just going off what my fs would have done, I only did a 2 day transfer as I only got 6 eggs, 4 fert and 3 made it to day 2. So I have 2 frosties and put 1 back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Jones - welcome. We'll probably be in TWW together all going well.

Ophelia1971 - that really sucks! You usually O that early in your cycle? Sounds like FS will need to re look at your meds. I am sure though it can all be sorted. Very frustrating though not getting past the first hurdles.

Montes mum - still could have a chance with the 1. I too have heard that slow responders and embies which don't look great can surprise. How were your tests for AMH and hubbies swimmers? Great to hear you still looking focused towards whatever comes next.

DS09 - really great numbers! Good on you girl. Good luck with CF test.

Chances - what day you at now? How you feeling?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kheeki For This Useful Post:

mrsjones  (03-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kheeki

I'm officially 10dpo and 8dpt...and my BT is now this Fri so 6 more days

This pregnyl is playing games with me atm lol so hard to read too much into it all really.

WBU Kheeki - u getting excited again yet to get started on ur FET in hmm must be 2.5 wks now?