+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Baby is constipated after eating solids :-(

Ahhhhhh I did this to katelyn !!! She loved bananas so I kept giving them to her.

4 days no poop aside from little tacky nuggets.

Today I gave her pureed whole pear and apple's (cored and steamed skin on is supposed to help) I stewed saltanas because I forgot to buy prunes/dates, very runny oat porridge and bottle of cooled boiled water with brown sugar (as per health.vic.gov.au recommendation 30ml and half-full teaspoon of brown sugar)

And she's been pooping up a storm this afternoon. Lol. I got out the potty to save on nappies.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby is constipated after eating solids :-(

Update: MIL brought prune juice over so she said to diluted it with water 30ml water 10 ml juice, I didn't think but fed her then offered juice and she wasn't keen, I don't think she likes it 😥
    I'll try again when she's hungry but any suggestions on making it taste better? Sugar? ... I don't know!!! I just want her to poop!! I'll be doing the poop dance when she does!

Thanks
    Reviews

I had the same issues when my DD was that age. All I did was cut out all solids and just bf her until she passed a bm. I was also giving pear juice and prune juice or coloxyl drops. I eased up on solids. Apple is a no no too as the pectin in it can block bubs up.
    I thought my DD was ready for food at 5 months but in hindsight she was interested in everything we did, not just food. Looking back my DD wasn't really ready until she was 7-8 months old.
    For instant relief you can buy infant glycerol suppositories from the chemist. Sometimes bub has trouble passing the hard head of the poo. Once this comes out the rest will flow out from the effects of the prunes pears etc.
    Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Still nothing!!! :-( tomorrow I will go to the pharmacy, any suggestions on what to get?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Cut out all solids and only offer bm and prune juice - undiluted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Baby is constipated after eating solids :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ciaomamma View Post
    Still nothing!!! :-( tomorrow I will go to the pharmacy, any suggestions on what to get?
    I think you might be able to get something called Colloxyl (sorry no idea how to spell it!)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

The last time she had solids was pear on Sunday. I haven't given her anything since, just BM. She isn't going to like undulated prune juice... I feel some crying coming my way... Oh well worth a shot.
    I'll mention that coloxyl or how ever it spelled at the pharmacy, thank u!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this problem when DD started solids (a week shy of 4mo courtesy of my mother I was planning on introducing solids the next week...) anyway, I cut out all solids for a week and a bit and gave coloxyl, but above reccomended dose (on doctors advice... 0.4ml x3 day). After her system worked itself back to normality I reintroduced solids with no dramas, but I put pear in EVERYTHING . We never had any luck with prune juice either, it tastes disgusting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

How old is bub?

Thanks
    Reviews

Infant Glycerol Suppositories!!!