Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is this sexual abuse?

I find it odd, but that's because of my own issues. I think this thread needs a trigger warning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    I find it odd, but that's because of my own issues. I think this thread needs a trigger warning.
    The title "is this sexual abuse" isn't enough of a warning?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

austmum  (04-09-2012),elleandsam  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deni05 View Post
    No the grandmother of the baby used to blow on and touch the mothers genitals when she was a baby through to when she was a toddler
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    However, if this happened to the mother into teenage years, then it was abuse. The mother is repeating the cycle of abuse, whether knowingly or unknowingly. Hers was normalised and treated as a joke, so she may think it's perfectly normal to have access to your childs genitals in such a way.
    See above. It only happened when she was a baby/toddler. I doubt that's repeating the cycle of abuse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OM View Post
    See above. It only happened when she was a baby/toddler. I doubt that's repeating the cycle of abuse.
    I read in there that it occasionally happened when she was a teenager further on in that post?

Edit: I went back and read it. It actually does say the grandmother grabbed the mothers genitals and breasts during her teenage years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Is this sexual abuse?

I blow air on my babies nappy region and never thought twice about it. For the same reason 1. To dry her off and 2. Because she laughs when I do. Not sexual. Not at all.

And if a friend told me it was inappropriate I'd probably be totally mortified because I'd not thought about it even remotely possible being at all interpreted by someone else as anything else. It wouldn't have occurred to me!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

bwana  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    The title "is this sexual abuse" isn't enough of a warning?
    No, smarty pants, it isn't. There would be some people that would find some of the descriptions in here quite confronting. Are you anti trigger warnings?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (04-09-2012),Luna Lovegood  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Deni05 View Post
    I'm sorry did I make it sound like I had a sexual relationship with the mother? No the grandmother of the baby used to blow on and touch the mothers genitals when she was a baby through to when she was a toddler, and she also used to grab at the mothers vagina and breasts when she was growing up right into teenage years the grandmother always treated it as a joke. I thought it was inappropriate at the time, but as I was not sure about how to raise children myself at the time as I had never had any of my own I never questioned it. I had actually forgotten all about it until i saw it again today. I was concerned that it was going to be a cycle, and because i thought it was abuse I was worried. But now I am being told its not abuse so i guess I have to change my whole way of thinking about these things.
    I read in there that it occasionally happened when she was a teenager further on in that post?

See above quote, it was vagina and breast grabbing that went on as a teenager.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OM View Post
    See above quote, it was vagina and breast grabbing that went on as a teenager.
    I believe I did go back and edit my post. Please stop only quoting half of what is said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I find it kind of inappropriate, if I saw sometime doing that I would be weirded out too even if there were no other issues. I probably would have maybe reacted the same way as OP because sometimes when you see strange things that could be one of many even stranger things.

But at the same time i dry my sons privates with a dry flannel is that inappropriate? I'm sure it's not but I would feel odd if I blew on it....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Harliben For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe I did go back and edit my post. Please stop only quoting half of what is said.
    Oooookay see I didn't realise you edited how would I know that you had unless I go back and keep checking out your post? I prefer to keep reading forward rather than rereading what has already been written.

And as I was referring to a particular part of the post it makes sense just to quote that part of the post. Lot's of people do it, it makes it easier for most people to understand easily which points you are referring to.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast