Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ***Trigger Warning*** Is this sexual abuse?

I do have a daughter and have to occasionally part her labia to clean up poo. That's not what I meant. I meant parting it with the intent of touching/fondling. Anyhow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummajugs28 View Post
    OP do you have any children?
    Yes I have sons, and I have never touched their genitalia other than to clean and dry them or examine them if they have been injured. I have never even thought of blowing on them just because they may like it. I actually have never blown on them at all! It seems like something i would do to my husband not my children. It just doesn't seem right. but as I have seen many other parents do it, so I guess I am one of few.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    I wonder if some people in this thread have different understanding of what others mean when they say they blow on the nappy area to dry it. I take it as meaning to stand at the usual distance from bub (so mum standing up, with bub on the change table as normal) and just blow in the general direction to speed up the drying process. So, about 60cm away from bub.

Those of you saying it's inappropriate or abusive, are you thinking that the blowers have their faces much closer to the skin? I don't think that is what's happening.
    I think that needed clearing up! 60cm away is appropriate to me but parting the labia and getting in close and blowing because a 6 week old baby likes it is disturbing IMO..add a past of sexual abuse/inappropiate touching and role modelling and it is a cause for concern. I think that there is a difference in these situations.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarplumMummy For This Useful Post:

Sandra103  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mummajugs28 View Post
    OP do you have any children?
    How does that affect the discussion here?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarplumMummy For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    People, I think the OP was concerned more about the mother's behaviour, at first she didn't have a reason for doing it and said she 'liked it'. I don't think It should be compared to cleaning gunk/poop off the baby. She said she was 'drying her' only afterwards in hindsight. It would certainly seem a bit off to me if someone did this in front of me saying 'she likes it'... If you want to make your baby giggle blow a raspberry on her tummy! I mean, do you blow air on their mouth? Ears? Up their nostrils? On their anus??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Deni05  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    OP, I seriously wonder if you're legit - I've been on the forums for too long and am old and cynical.
    BUT.
    If you suspect abuse, call the appropriate people - a forum speculating on second hand info won't help.
    I dont know why everyone keeps acting like I'm faking like what I asked was SO out of order and SO unrealistic it seems like alot of you blow on your baby's genitals so wouldnt it be normal to question if this was ok? I'm not sure where else I should have asked this question this is about children and it was a concern about safety so it seemed like a perfect place to ask. Maybe I should have found a sex abuse forum or something idk, but as I said I didnt really feel like the child was being abused because the mother seemed oblivious, I was only concerned that she was repeating behaviour she had experienced as a child and I didn't want it to esculate into child abuse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: ***Trigger Warning*** Is this sexual abuse?

Well I'm one of the few people on the forum who thinks its weird and inappropriate.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I blow on my baby's bum to dry it after wiping at nappy change. He usually smiles because, like everything with babies, we make a game of it lest he get bored and insist on getting up before he's dressed. I call it "air dry" after having considered the association with "blow dry" (job) but I don't do it to please him or myself. I do it to dry him. It works. He gets less rashes if he's "air dried" between wiping and applying barrier cream. I'd be offended if anyone suggested I was abusing him.
    Having said that my reply to your original question is ONLY YOU were there, not us. We can't judge how odd it seemed, and if it seemed wrong to you then I think it's good you said something. Perhaps berating wasn't the best choice but perhaps that's better than doing nothing when you suspect abuse. I think so. I'd also suggest you speak with the mum again, sensitively. Good luck.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lulululu For This Useful Post:

Deni05  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    How does that affect the discussion here?
    How doesn't it? It appears 90% of the mothers commenting have done this before to their children to dry the area so asking whether OP had children is a valid question.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummajugs28 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: ***Trigger Warning*** Is this sexual abuse?

Okay reading the added info it does sound a lot worse. If that's how it happened fair enough. Sounds worrying.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub