+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH & I discuss all our "battles" but I wouldn't want him to fight them for me nor him me. He has stepped in once to a situation I was having with family and it was appropriate and appreciated by all but it's the only time. No way known would I ring his boss nor would he ring mine for anything work related. For us it is overstepping the boundaries by calling each others bosses, we know people that think it's ok to ring the DH's boss but it's not for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default WDYT about getting your partner involved in your battles...

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    What if you have laryngitis

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Touché!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by wantmore View Post
    I don't see this as a issue I've had my ex dp call in sick for me as I was to sick to talk on the phone. How is that pathetic he rang them while I was passed out from a flu letting them know I wouldn't be in.
    But fighting my battles no way in hell do I let anyone fight my battles for me a d if they did I would battling them cause it was my problem not his
    There are very few medical conditions which leave someone incapable of using a phone over a 1-2 hour period (unless you can only call in sick at a specific time and you happen to be incapacitated at that point).

If you are passed out then call when you get up. Or call and leave a voicemail when you get up for a pee at 5am and know you will be crook.

Sorry (and I'm. Not saying its the case with you) but I am sus whenever a spouse calls in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    It shows the woman has no balls and the man is a control freak.

It's the same as when people get their spouses to call in sick for them at work: it looks pathetic and just raises questions about their intentions and the dynamics of the relationship.
    Questions intentions and dynamics of the relationship??? Could you explain that to me??

My hubby's boss doesn't have email, so if my husband has been up all night throwing his guts up and is ginally getting some sleep, I will give a courtesy call to his boss in the morning to let him know DH won't be in! Now what dynamics and intentions needs to be questioned there?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    Questions intentions and dynamics of the relationship??? Could you explain that to me??

My hubby's boss doesn't have email, so if my husband has been up all night throwing his guts up and is ginally getting some sleep, I will give a courtesy call to his boss in the morning to let him know DH won't be in! Now what dynamics and intentions needs to be questioned there?
    I think that is different to what the OP is talking about, I too would ring DH's boss if he was so sick that he couldn't use the phone or god forbid was in hospital but if there was a problem with something (say a pay rise or some other work related issue) I would not ever get involved. I thought that was what the OP was referring to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: WDYT about getting your partner involved in your battles...

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Touché!
    I get it usually twice a year. I've had to walk 2klms to work to explain via gestures I couldn't speak and walk home because df had already left for work. Awkward!

Since then though I've explained to employers that my throat is dumb and while smsing in sick is pretty poor too it's occasionally very necessary!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I wouldn't want my DH to fight my battles- he's so non confrontational it'd be pointless!
    That said, we do discuss our battles and work together on them- we are a team after all.
    Having a spouse deal with work issues is entirely inappropriate though. But calling in sick on behalf of a spouse I see no issue with, I've done it when DH was in hospy for emergency treatment and when he lost his voice. It's just a courtesy to let his work know he won't be in and why when he is incapacitated. I don't see why that is suspicious unless its a weekly occurrence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I think that is different to what the OP is talking about, I too would ring DH's boss if he was so sick that he couldn't use the phone or god forbid was in hospital but if there was a problem with something (say a pay rise or some other work related issue) I would not ever get involved. I thought that was what the OP was referring to.
    Im not referring to the original post, just the one I quoted

I sincerely don't understand what she means by what she typed

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I support each other but we fiht our.own battles.
    As far as calling in sick for.your partner....I don't see the issue in it at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I support each other but we fiht our.own battles.
    As far as calling in sick for.your partner....I don't see the issue in it at all.