+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd be embarrassed. In saying that though, sometime it's appropriate for a partner to stand up for you or have your back, when it's done without them looking like a controlling idiot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default WDYT about getting your partner involved in your battles...

Ha! I reckon you know the same people as me sassy. I know one couple in particular that do this. Except the female is even worse, she makes up lies and even her dh believes her then he fights for her believing only her side of the story. It's such a BS situation because every one is really careful with them. And they are relatives too so we can't just ditch the friendship.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HAHAHA Nicole do we know the same person!!!!! So pathetic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My husband and I get involved in each others battles sometimes. We are certainly not weak or control freaks.

The fact is, in our marrraige we are a team. If my husband is being used, poorly treated etc. and is feeling anxious, down and stressed about..... I will not hesitate to defend him and help him fight that battle. And I am certain that he would do the same for me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (05-09-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    The fact is, in our marrraige we are a team. If my husband is being used, poorly treated etc. and is feeling anxious, down and stressed about..... I will not hesitate to defend him and help him fight that battle. And I am certain that he would do the same for me.
    Yeah, but I would rather my DH be my sounding board, and I his, to help me work out the best way to handle a situation rather than handling it for me.

I think if my DH went to my boss about a work issue it would completely undermine me as an adult and a (pseudo)professional. I would not be happy about that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Yeah, but I would rather my DH be my sounding board, and I his, to help me work out the best way to handle a situation rather than handling it for me.

I think if my DH went to my boss about a work issue it would completely undermine me as an adult and a (pseudo)professional. I would not be happy about that.
    I understand what you are saying

However for me it depends on the situation. Sometimes we are confident and strong enough to fight our own battles and sometimes we need support in other ways. That's how it works in our marriage anyway!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    It shows the woman has no balls and the man is a control freak.

It's the same as when people get their spouses to call in sick for them at work: it looks pathetic and just raises questions about their intentions and the dynamics of the relationship.
    I don't see this as a issue I've had my ex dp call in sick for me as I was to sick to talk on the phone. How is that pathetic he rang them while I was passed out from a flu letting them know I wouldn't be in.
    But fighting my battles no way in hell do I let anyone fight my battles for me a d if they did I would battling them cause it was my problem not his

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: WDYT about getting your partner involved in your battles...

What if you have laryngitis

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (05-09-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: WDYT about getting your partner involved in your battles...

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    What if you have laryngitis

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    In this case I think it would be best to email in sick rather than come across as a weakling

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Dh would never do that. Wouldn't even cross his mind. However there was one situation I just couldn't face a couple of years ago and he did alot of the sorting out for me (def not fighting, he is way calmer than me) and I was sooooo grateful.