+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did well kinda.

I had an emergency with DD1 it was very rushed and if i didn't have the epi it i would have been put under GA. it was truly horrible and i hurt horribly for months and months.

Well i was pregnant with DD2 when DD1 had her first birthday and I couldn't decide which was i'd go and had a c-section booked for 39 weeks but the dr new that i might or might not take it. well at 38 weeks bubs heartbeat was found to be hugely erratic so they decided to do a medical ceasar (kinda like an emergency i guess it definately wasn't elective) but i didn't labour at all and honestly i was in a whole lot less pain then the first time around it was so much better but since i don't have anything to go on i imagine you'd still be in less pain with a natural birth. the only problem i had after DD2 was a pinced nerve which made walking agony but only for about 2 weeks other then that i was almost pain free which was completely unlike the first

Oh and there is only just 20months between my two
    Last edited by Tutu & Lulu; 04-09-2012 at 18:46. Reason: additional info

Squeegee is offline Wanting to add a new squeegee to the family
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for posting this Lumpy.

You and I have so much in common. I have the same questions and fears and concerns. I think not going through 16 hours of labour before the caesar will help me. I have found the responses in this thread rather reassuring .

Oh and I am due in January too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Elective after bad emergency experience...

I had an emergency csec for my first and had to have a planned csec for my second due to DS2's position.

It was a much better experience. Was as awesome as major abdominal surgery can be
    The room was full of laughter and music and so much joy.

My birth video of DS2's csec is on here somewhere - will post again if you want to see.

Despite how great it was I still want a VBA2C next time though, because personally I want to avoid surgery if I can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Bump for night time hubbers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great question

I am 28wks #2, and I really wanted a VBAC after a emergency c/section 20mths agao, but due to medical issues, I am no longer able to.

I had a emergency c/section under a general, after a 5 day failed induction, and a patchy epi (felt them cutting me open)

To be honest I am scared to death of what is coming in less than 9wks! - I REALLY want to be away for my DS birth, since I missed DD's.... but so scared of feeling them cut me open again, or even the 'pulling/tugging' you experince.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lumpy, my first birth was awful - emergency c-section at 33 weeks, my son was taken from me straight away and was in NICU/Special Care for 5 weeks. I wasn't allowed to touch him for 72 hours. I laboured for 6 hours before the Caesar too ... flat on my back so they could monitor bubs. Just awful. For my second I contemplated VBAC but DS2 was breech (yep, had one baby who couldn't wait to get out and another who wouldn't even turn around and face the exit! ) and the planned Caesar was wonderful, one of the best decisions I have ever made. DH and I came in together, the staff were wonderful and caring, wrapped me up in warm blankets while I was waiting to go in so I didn't get cold. I had discussed how I wanted things to go with my obs prior and it was a joyful experience, once they got DS2 breathing he was brought back to me and laid naked on my chest, he started breastfeeding in Recovery! I have tears in my eyes remembering it because honestly his birth was one of the best experiences of my life, it healed a lot of the painful memories from my first Caesar. And physically I bounced back so much better too - was up and about that night and feeling great once I went home with my champion breastfeeding baby! And that's even though I was five years older! I was able to drive with no problems 2 weeks later (with my obs' approval). Good luck with whatever you decide, but for me my second Caesar healed so many of my emotional scars.