+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Elective after bad emergency experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Melon View Post
    Oh good luck!
    I hope it all goes smoothly for you
    Thanks I'm actually regretting the decision and wish I had have opted for an elective

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    Thank you for posting this lumpy.
    I had a really traumatic first birth. An induction that lead to an emergency c-section under GA and I've never fully gotten over it.
    I jumped at the chance to attempt VBAC this time but now at 28 weeks and with her measuring a few weeks ahead I'm scared. I've already put on the maximum weight for my BMI and although my OB is very supportive of a VBAC he has said if I can't control my weight and she keeps growing at this rate my chances will be lowered dramatically.

I am also terrified of going ahead with a VBAC and needing an emergency c-section again anyway.
    So after my appointment yesterday OH and I had a big discussion and have decided we are more comfortable with a calm planned c-section. I am worried about the recovery but have a lot of support.

This thread has reassured me thanks
    Oh I'm glad someone else is finding this helpful

Good luck!

And please pop back and tell me all about your experience?
    I'm not due till January so will be here waiting with anticipation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelex View Post
    Thanks I'm actually regretting the decision and wish I had have opted for an elective
    Can you speak to your midwife and ask about changing your choice?

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh I'm glad someone else is finding this helpful

Good luck!

And please pop back and tell me all about your experience?
    I'm not due till January so will be here waiting with anticipation
    I definitely will. Just under 10 weeks if I go ahead with it, eeek!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

Lumpy Melon  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Can you speak to your midwife and ask about changing your choice?
    I have really impersonal care at the public hospital I'm at... But I have my 40wk appointment on Friday so I will definitely be bringing it up!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to squirrelex For This Useful Post:

Lumpy Melon  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a bad EMC with my 2nd and had planned to have a VBAC with my third, something scared me at 32 weeks and I booked in for elective C . I was so scared of the pain and dealing with a newborn as well as 4 and 2 year old.
    It was so much better the second time! I went home on day 3 with a hop to my step! Nothing like the first time!
    Now I'm planing VBA2C, I'm not pregnant yet, still got 6 months or more before TTC but even after my great c section I still want to have natural again :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a really traumatic first birth. An induction that lead to an emergency c-section under GA and I've never fully gotten over it.
    I jumped at the chance to attempt VBAC this time but now at 28 weeks and with her measuring a few weeks ahead I'm scared. I've already put on the maximum weight for my BMI and although my OB is very supportive of a VBAC he has said if I can't control my weight and she keeps growing at this rate my chances will be lowered dramatically.

I am also terrified of going ahead with a VBAC and needing an emergency c-section again anyway.
    So after my appointment yesterday OH and I had a big discussion and have decided we are more comfortable with a calm planned c-section. I am worried about the recovery but have a lot of support.

Argh this annoys me! Some Drs talk bulk dust!!!!!!!
    My friend has had 2 VBAC's the first was 9pd2 and the second 10pd6. The size of your baby is not the factor in successful VBAC.
    I hope you get your VBAC experience , good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

And after actually finishing reading You thread properly I hope you have a great csection experience this time haha!
    Helps to read it all

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly8329 View Post
    And after actually finishing reading You thread properly I hope you have a great csection experience this time haha!
    Helps to read it all
    Lol thanks Kelly! I'm not going to make a final decision just yet, so undecided. Would absolutely love a VBAC but so scared of the same thing happening.
    I have another OB appointment in 2 weeks so will discuss my worries then and see what he suggests

Thanks
    Reviews

I would of loved a VBAC but I seriously only at 32 weeks had a major freak out and rang my OBGYN straight away so he could book me in.
    Mothers instinct is crazy, if I birthed naturally with him I likely would of given birth to a still born or an oxygen deprived baby and brain damage. He had 2 knots in his cord that were never picked up in ultrasound. Thank god for that!
    To be honest I had no reason for changing my mind just that it ended up making my heart race and I had no explanation of why it was racing.
    You can always try and put a time frame on it, like 8 hours.
    Having had all types, natural , emergency and elective I still yearn to have natural again. Nothing beats it but all births are amazing and at the end of the day as long as everyone is happy and healthy it doesn't matter how they come into the world.