+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Migraines

If I'm getting a really bad one before I got pregnant I took 20mls of children's pain stop and climb into bed and sleep it off.
    Now that I'm pregnant the doc has me on 100mg of aspirin for a clotting disorder but it has helped keep the migraines away. I used to have one a week and it would last a day sometimes 2, since falling pregnant I've had 1 (I'm currently 26weeks and I got I around 10 weeks)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Migraines

I take my nurofen with a can of coke. The caffeine does the dissolving pretty quick.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maddysmama View Post
    I third the dissolvable. The moment I get a vision disturbance I have 2 aspro clear extra strength or aspalgin. I find 9 /10 times this nips it in the bud. If I miss that cue.. I find it very hard to shift even with heavier drugs.
    Ditto but I will often have 3 codalgin (aspirin with codeine) and a couple of panadol if I can. I find as soon as I get the aura if I get onto it I am not too bad and if I can lie down. I also find having something to eat - bbq shapes or some other type of carby biscuit helps. At least then I have something to chuck if need be. I also drink heaps. I often get them due to dehydration. I have tried 'relpax'? It was good, I haven't got around to getting a script for them. Woudl be handy to keep on hand as 3 aspirin isn't that good for you. Note that I have researched the risks and benefits of having 900mg of aspirin in one shot. Obviously you need to work out what works for you

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Migraines

Quote Originally Posted by luey View Post
    Ditto but I will often have 3 codalgin (aspirin with codeine) and a couple of panadol if I can. I find as soon as I get the aura if I get onto it I am not too bad and if I can lie down. I also find having something to eat - bbq shapes or some other type of carby biscuit helps. At least then I have something to chuck if need be. I also drink heaps. I often get them due to dehydration. I have tried 'relpax'? It was good, I haven't got around to getting a script for them. Woudl be handy to keep on hand as 3 aspirin isn't that good for you. Note that I have researched the risks and benefits of having 900mg of aspirin in one shot. Obviously you need to work out what works for you
    Slightly OT but what you are saying about the aspirin is right but....
    I have Dispirin Forte which has 500mg of aspirin and 9 of codeine in each tablet and the dose is 2 tablets...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Migraines

I can sympathize with you sooo much! However you need to talk to your dr! Perhaps even see a neurologist and they can see if there is a trigger! Try things like seeing a chiropractor, acupuncture!
    Honestly though I've tried preventative medications, aspirin bases, caffeine and nothing worked! I have been put on Panadine Forte or Tramal! They knock me out for a few hrs and wake up with the severeness gone! I also take Maxalon for the sickness side!
    Several years ago I suffered 3 migraines every fortnight! They contributed it to be on the pill and my wisdom teeth! They have ceased in severity until just few weeks ago! I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant and 3 weeks ago I started getting them everyday! I had 15 in 11 days and the dr said the only thing I could do was 2 x panadine Forte every 6hrs as needed! I usually I only need 1.
    I have tried stopping foods like chocolate, tomatoes, sugars, caffeine etc! I also tried making sure I was having enough sugars etc! Wore sunglasses when going outside, not over heating! Mine have settled for now! It's been 6 days since my last and it's because of my eyes! I have to wear my glasses all day, I believe the pregnancy has dried my eyes out! Sinus can also cause them as can any medical issue! See your GP and get some stronger meds! Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seeing a chiropractor worked wonders for my migraines. I very rarely get them any more and when I do they are a lot less severe. Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Migraines

Quote Originally Posted by Mallie View Post
    Seeing a chiropractor worked wonders for my migraines. I very rarely get them any more and when I do they are a lot less severe. Good luck xx
    I will second this too

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Migraines

I don't get migraines often but when I do, I have some sugar (usually coke as the caffeine seems to help as well), lie down in a dark room and try to relax. I try not to take medication unless absolutely necessary (that's how DP knows it's bad!), but I bought some patches you can stick on your head. They're called "kool n soothe migraine" and they work wonders.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your replys. Wow, it seem i only get the mild migraines. I dont get sick i just get this horrible stabing pain in my temples constantly.
    I think im over it now...thank godness, this one really was the worst ever!
    I hadnt had one in AGES until now. I hate the idea of taking strong painkillers, ive been lucky enough to avoid them so far but they may be on the cards.
    The dark room and sleep works but im a SAHM and thats not always possible.

I took 12 panadine extra over the last 2 days and i got a couple of hours relief with them but it kept coming back. Went to the chemist and he gave me a paracetamol/codine/doxylaime and that seemed to work. We'll see how i go today, hopefully it buggers off!