+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Maybe talk to your lecturers to see if you can leave class a bit earlier and arrive at your next class a bit later to ensure you have enough time to pump. I'm a university lecturer and I'd be more than happy to accommodate a student in that way. You could talk to your campus nurse, counsellor or student union rep to see if they can apply a bit of influence if you think your lecturers wouldn't be helpful.

Double pumping would speed things up a bit. If you're worried about the weight you might be able to rent a locker or have your campus nurse store the pump for you when you're not using it.

Like Missie Mack I have a Unimom Allegro and it's very light and easy to use. That said, I leave it in my office at uni instead of carting it back home with me each day.

Good luck. I hope you find the support you need to continue expressing breast milk for your baby.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EvilWombatQueen For This Useful Post:

Alphabetsoup  (05-09-2012)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Need encouragement - considering quitting

Well done, you are doing an amazing job, bf is a big committment, pumping is hard work and on top if that studying - bravo to you

Couple of ideas from me;
    -Can ur DP bring bubs to you for feed then leave after?
    -Try pumping some more at home to build up your stock, freeze some if you can.
    - would your DP consider bf'ing, there are things to take to bring milk on?
    Last edited by baby4us; 04-09-2012 at 21:47.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to baby4us For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Need encouragement - considering quitting

Hey op i heard the other day a friend say they keep a video of their bub on their phone and watch that while expressing as it seems to help.

Youre doing an amazing job!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WhitePeach For This Useful Post:

Good on you! To do all that plus pump is amazing!

Unfortunately I have no advice but thought I'd tell you about my experience.

My life got hectic and I was also just tired of pumping, taking it with me everywhere and generally feeling like a moo cow lol.

I love, LOVE bf, but decided to give my bub 1 formula bottle a day to see how he went. He took it fine, and I picked a feed which was best for me.
    If you are open to a formula feed, you could do that, and still pump for a while to get your supply of ebm back up, then possibly stop that pump session as well. I done this and it was amazing how much more I loved to bf! Sounds strange but by cutting out 1 feed, and having a break from feeding and expressing, it made me relax.
    Bub is happily bf for all other feeds but I get a break and dont even need to worrying about expressing.
    Maybe this could work for you and if you did drop the feed (instead of expressing) it might be easier at uni, or more comfortable etc
    Just a suggestion anyways

8. The Following User Says Thank You to misspumpkin For This Useful Post:

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I second the suggestion to ask dp to bring bub in, maybe once a day. One more Breastfeed will help supply and as you know it's quicker and easier than pumping. I went back to work three days a week and my wife brought our son to me once a day every work day for a year. I appreciated that sooo much.
    Keep it up! You're doing so well. Have you got a Breastfeeding support network? Maybe join ABA and go to a meeting?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lulululu For This Useful Post: