+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Graves Disease during pregnancy

I found out yesterday that I'm pregnant with #2.
    I am no more than 5 weeks pregnant I'm guessing.
    I am currently on 600mg PTU a day and the Endocrinologist I'm seeing is someone I'm not happy with. I need recommendations for another Endo that is based in Brisbane. Also what risks is bub subject to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a shame you're not in Sydney! I have the most amazing endo that I wish everyone could be seen by him. I've asked around and the best in Brisbane that comes up again and again is Dr.Chris Strakosch. His contact number is 07 3324 2022. Good luck and congratulations. 3324 2022Dr. Chris Strakosch

Thanks
    Reviews

I am seeing dr. Moore through the mater in Brisbane. He also does appointments in capalaba. I was on PTUuntil I was 3 months and then I went into remission. I still had to get monthly blood tests to keep check but my dd is almost 5 months old and it still hasn't come back...yet! There is a slight risk to your liver on PTU while pregnant, but your GP will monitor. Please pm me if you have any other questions :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi I am also on PTU as whenever I stop it my thyroid goes all out of wack. I am 6 and a half months pregnant and been on the PTU for about 3 years. I've just been getting monthly blood tests to monitor my thyroid throughout this pregnancy and so far no hiccups. My endo swapped me to PTU from neo mercazole as it is safer in pregnancy and wanted it out of my system before I fell pregnant.