+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy Blues

Well hubbers, honestly I just need to let some of this out. And figured other hubbers could do the same with their own upsets and worries.

I'm nineteen, 14 weeks pregnant and starting to feel like I can't catch a break, it's safe to say, pregnancy blues has got me good.
    My boyfriend and I can't seem to find a house despite numerous rental applications. His job is keeping us both stable as currently I'm not obtaining anything from centrelink, but I can't seem to find work.
    My mother hasn't really come to the table with the pregnancy, which I was angry about but am now just worried for her as doctors have found a large lump on her ovary, which could be cancerous.
    I'm worried I won't know how to be a good parent and won't know how to give this baby the life it deserves. I would like to study after the birth to become a nurse though, so still plan on doing something my child can be proud of me for.
    My dad lives in another state, so I don't get to see him despite our close relationship.
    Then yesterday I found out I have glauycoma, so am losing sight in my left eye.

I feel like I've lost control and I cant really think of facing the world at the moment. I am so thankful for my partner though, and I do love this baby.
    I've just got the blues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't really offer anything in the form of advice but I can send you many virtual hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aww hun That is a lot to deal with. I don't have much advice either but just wanted to let you know I read your post & hope things improve for you soon x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Pregnancy Blues

Thanks ladies. I suppose this is why they made Tim Tams

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats on your pregnancy!

Don't forget, your hormones are changing and you'll find that will have a major effect on your emotional state, it certainly did for me! I cried all the time, was extremely irritable and my moods and reactions to everyday things were spiked throughout my recent pregnancy.
    You will adjust. You will know how to be a good parent, your maternal instincts appear to already have kicked in as you are clearly concerned and already love your unborn bubba so much so that you have wrote this post! I think it's great that you are focused on becoming a nurse after the baby is born and I'm sure he/she will so proud of you, their hard working, caring mumma
    It's early days, I'm sure everything will fall into place for you and your boyfriend- the rental market is crazy, isn't it?
    Take it one day at a time and try and enjoy your pregnancy! Before you know it your baby will be here

Don't forget, it's absolutely NORMAL to have concerns, having a baby is a massive life change and finding out you have a little life inside of you, a life long commitment, can be very overwhelming.

I wish you all the best

ETA- I forgot to add, I had my first baby aged 17, so I know what it's like being a young mumma as well (just had my second, I'm almost 30 now!)
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 04-09-2012 at 23:04.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (04-09-2012),wigglemay  (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pregnancy Blues

I am sorry for all that you are going through

On the bright side though, as long as you and your partner love each other and have each other and bubs then that is the most important thing and everything else will sort itself out over time..

Best of luck xxx