+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default When does the stress end??

To other Mums with kids who have serious chronic health issues....how do you cope? I really can't deal with this anymore. It has only been four months since diagnosis and I have realised that there is NEVER going to be an end to this stress and heartache. I can't handle it. My anti-depressant meds have been upped but it has done nothing.

When does it end?? The stress that any day your child could end up in hospital...or worse A young child with DS2's condition died last week and I can't stop crying about it.

How do you cope?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherry18Bloss For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It must be so hard Witwicky. I am sorry I have no practical advice, couldn't read and not post.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw huge hugs

I don't think it does end, sadly. You just learn to cope with it better. Each day you get better at dealing with it.

We are playing a waiting game with my DS, a wait and see if his condition will develop into something serious, and it sux. Really sux as there is no definitive answer as to when and if. So I can somewhat relate.

I think if you can't change the diagnosis, you have to change the way you view it and deal with it. Hope you feel better soon, it's a horrible feeling.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RenovatorMum For This Useful Post:

isaevette86  (07-09-2015),Witwicky  (04-09-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: When does the stress end??

hun, I have no advice but I do think that little boy is incredibly lucky to have such an intelligent and capable Mummy. I hope someone else has more useful advice for you, I couldn't read and not post

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (04-09-2012)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi witwicky, I think the only way to cope is just one day at a time. Maybe even one hour at a time. I would find strength in prayer, but I understand not everyone would relate to that. Is there some support group or something that you can be connected to through the hospital?? perhaps that could lead to some coping strategies for you. hugs Marie.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (04-09-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you for the kind words. It is much needed.

I think I have been on auto pilot since diagnosis, and now the reality is really sinking in. I'm exhausted, overwhelmed and I feel so worried for my special little man It has really sunk in lately that it's not a passing illness that is going to go away...it's always there now. It's a part of our life now.

I think I might start seeing my psych again x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you're going through this

Going to see a psych if you're feeling like this is a great idea.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (04-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I wish I could say that the worry ends but TBH it doesn't there will always be something that worries you like a growth spurt or gastro but you learn to handle it a lot better as time goes on.. DD1 was diagnosed July 2010 at 3years and for the first 6- 12 months I was a wreck. I must admit I'm a bit more relaxed with things now Even let her have her first sleepover at my mums a few weeks ago and when she has had gastro I haven't hauled her to the hospital every time.

The best bit of advice I can offer is take some time out for yourself, it's how I've kept sane. You need to attempt to get your mind off it when you get a chance.

Please feel free to PM me if you need to talk or get it off your chest I know what it's like to want to scream or complain about the bad day when know one really understands..!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (04-09-2012)