+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Positive Elective C-Section Stories

Please share your positive elective c-section stories!

Thanks
    Reviews

I had one in Oct last year due to developing PE. It was great! Having another in December for my second baby.

I went to a private hospital. Went in on the afternoon, DH and I were taken to surgery. I got my spinal and DH met me in theatre. The staff were lovely and made it all very relaxed.

As bub was born they lowered the screen so I could see her. The pead checked her out and DH got to hold her hand while this was done and cut the cord. Then she was wrapped and put on my chest. I held her while they stitched and glued me up then we all went to recovery for 30min.

After that it was back to my room where DH bathed DD. My CS was at 6pm and I was out of bed at 8am the next day.

I was shocked at how sore I was but was able to shower and dress myself without help. 2 days after I was able to stroll out to the coffee shop outside the hospital.

After day 3 I started to feel less sore and it just improved each day. I drove at 3 weeks but could have sooner if I had to. I have no complaints about any of it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Mine was recommended as I had some issues but was planned, my ob was fantastic and I had my baby in a private hospital.
    I was really scared of the epidural and told them so everyone in the OR was really reassuring, I had the local and then the epidural... Didn't feel a thing!
    HD was right there and 10 min later we saw DD! It was so awesome!!! all done in 20min recovery was painless and i was back in my room an hour later. I thought I would be groggy but I wasn't, I was awake for a while feeding and enjoying DD's first hours. I took a nap and had a shower in the evening. I had very good pain management and I didn't feel any pain at all, the worst pain i felt through the whole thing was when they took the bandage off and it was like getting a wax...
    My scar is there but it's not bulgy, I don't have any fat tissue hanging, it's all healing very well.
    When DD was 8 days old we went out to lunch, week 2 I started to go on walks, week 4 I felt back to normal.
    I have never felt I missed out on anything not having a natural delivery, I am happy my baby is healthy. I've been told I will need cesarians for any future pregnancies and I'm happy with that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for your responses. I had an emergency c section with DD which was done at night after a long and traumatic labour so recovery was slow and I feel like I missed her first few hours as I was completely out of it. This time I am having an elective c section so I'm hoping it will be a positive experience

Thanks
    Reviews

There was actually a thread started about this yesterday, pop on over to the elective c-section area and you'll see more positive stories.

Thanks
    Reviews

Emergency C section and elective are night and day, recovery will be much easier if your body hasn't gone through labour and contractions, also anesthesia is different if it's an emergency they want you out. Elective you'll be much more with it! I really was upset I wouldn't be able to enjoy bub's first moments but I was wrong I remember everything and I was totally with it.
    :-)